kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

800 minimum - 950 maximum I guess

200M from China will surely help its OS. But even that would not be enough to push it's OS to 800 let alone 950.

700M would be a more realistic ceiling. A +25-40% increase in most markets and a +100M from China. Worst case, 550M.

---

Edit:

You were referring to WW. I'd say 900-1.15B

350-450 DOM

550-700 OS

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

200M from China will surely help its OS. But even that would not be enough to push it's OS to 800 let alone 950.

700M would be a more realistic ceiling. A +25-40% increase in most markets and a +100M from China. Worst case, 550M.

---

Edit:

You were referring to WW. I'd say 900-1.15B

350-450 DOM

550-700 OS

He/she is saying $800m - $950m WORLDWIDE not just foreign.

7 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Less than 20% increase in China

Once you consider the change in the Yuan to USD exchange rate, it become a bit more than that.

In august 2015, 1 yuan = 0.157920

Now it is 0.145013

96,45 million in 2015 was = 610.75 million Yuan

Doing 110 million US now would be 758 million Yuan a 24% increase, in a movie market that didn't grew has much the last 2 year's versus is crazy expansion just before that.

Edited by Barnack

154M by yesterday means it made only 21M overseas in the last 2 days while Civil War at the same Tuesday + Wednesday made 37.3M.

Remember, on Monday Guardians 2 allegedly made 27M, more than CW first Monday (24M).

WOM doesn't seem so good, I'm worried this will miss 1B, especially with the terrible pre-sales in China.

• Like 1

Just now, Napoleon said:

154M by yesterday means it made only 21M overseas in the last 2 days while Civil War at the same Tuesday + Wednesday made 37.3M.

Remember, on Monday Guardians 2 allegedly made 27M, more than CW first Monday (24M).

WOM doesn't seem so good, I'm worried this will miss 1B, especially with the terrible pre-sales in China.

C'mon, man, don't concern-troll.

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

You mean almost FLAT. Zero increase defying the trend of all OS market.

My mistake. Less than 20% increase in China. emoji57.png

the china boom has not been as much recently. $200M would be ridiculous to expect from china. The first one did very well so I doubt it will increase much. $150M probably the ceiling although I'm talking out my arse.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

it will be perfectly fine, audiences have reacted well everywhere. Just because some people say it's not as good as the first one doesn't mean "bad WOM".

Edited by Manchester by the Tree

it will be perfectly fine, audiences have reacted well everywhere. Just because some people say it's not as good as the first one doesn't mean "bad WOM".

Yeah.

I guess the best thing to do right now is wait and just speculate. These predictions or projections can sometimes be right on the money or totally out of target.

Some people  are bragging (Trolling) that these numbers are poor! Well, guess what? they are decent numbers and no one told you its going to gross 1B, I will post those for the sake of BOT and its members. please go somewhere and spread your hatred!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  n/a    0.0%
Foreign:  $154,000,000    100.0%

Worldwide:  $154,000,000  
Edited by Finnick
  • Like 6

Now with tuesday + wednesday numbers is proved there is a big difference between a may day on sunday and a may day on monday. The compensation can be individual with the staff getting any day off. Doesn't means the day will be the same nationality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

As a sequel it was sure to be more frontloaded.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

According to ChinaFilmInsider, presales for Guardians 2 in China have been "lackluster" and they're counting on great word of mouth to carry it to $145M total there: http://chinafilminsider.com/screen-china-marvels-guardians-galaxy-vol-2-primed-kick-off-another-month-hollywood-dominance/#.WQuAYuADkQI.twitter

You do realize that even with $120M in China, it'd be higher than every CBM there beside Civil War and Age Of Ultron, so can you explain how is that a disappointment.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You do realize that even with $120M in China, it'd be higher than every CBM there beside Civil War and Age Of Ultron, so can you explain how is that a disappointment.

Didn't APOCALYPSE do 125m there?

I assume they're talking in comparison with more popular Hollywood fare.