kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

will this even pass 800m worldwide I am wondering? Seems to be fading fast and China was kind of a bust for this type of movie

Think it will, US looking at $350M-$370M which may help. $750M is locked at least. As long as it's over $620M this weekend, GV2 would still be on course for $800M.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

Another one of the most overpredicted movie. Not just pre-release but even post release !!!!. After its 1st OS weekend we had posts like 1B locked, 60% chance etc. We never learn.

I think only Fate and Beast were not overpredicted. Most movies otherwise are over predicted big time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Only OS. It looks dropping < $200m and if you go to the thread expectations were lower. I predicted 800m and it went over.

I've always said that 900-930m(max)  It's great for this movie, of course will not succeed in reaching them. 

I don't know people it's expecting 1B 

The difference between Dom and OS should be less than 100. That's amazing.

GOTG1 OS was 107 higher than Dom.

With bigger numbers, good reception to GOTG1, some OS markets especially China growing faster, one would expect that 107 figure to only increase with the sequel.

But not so.

450-460 OS - 360-380 Dom = 70-100

Edited by a2knet

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Sequels to break out hits (released a couple years after) typically don't increase aside from a few exceptions.

Great point. Must be kept in mind while predicting a movie. I think we are far away from the era of Pirates/Transformers etc which where break out hits and sequels still broke out bigger.

• Like 4

On 5/15/2017 at 10:41 AM, Hatebox said:

Weird that this didn't blow up OS. A reminder that comedy doesn't translate as well as straight action, perhaps.

No Iron Man. Sadly, that will likely take Homecoming over GOTG and even 1b despite lame af previews.