kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This monday was a holiday in most countries, so...

The Monday for Captain America: Civil War had also a Monday holiday in most countries. So yeah, $27m from OS is a huge feat. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In most countries, Monday was a make-up holiday to compensate  LD falling on Sunday...

So it was exactly same thing.

Don't let your hatred for marvel bland you.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How likely is 400 for OS-Ch?

Difficult, not impossible. We should wait to see next weekend numbers since the OW has not been usual because holidays in some countries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Curiosity... May 3rd had what holiday in 2016?

May 3rd was a Tuesday, and as far as I'm aware it isn't a holiday date. With that said and unlike Brazil, in May 2nd which was a Monday, several countries where Civil War had opened have hold what they call "bank holidays", others replacing the holiday of May 1st with May 2nd. Not all countries hold holidays exactly like happens here in Brazil, buddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

May 3rd was a Tuesday, and as far as I'm aware it isn't a holiday date. With that said and unlike Brazil, in May 2nd which was a Monday, several countries where Civil War had opened have hold what they call "bank holidays", others replacing the holiday of May 1st with May 2nd. Not all countries hold holidays exactly like happens here in Brazil, buddy.

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

In the UK it was a holiday on May 2nd last year but how many other countries didn't, just like Brazil? Guardians 2 still had some advantage over CW on first Monday.

It's a holiday in several countries besides UK, and do you really think someone will look through all holidays in all the countries that Civil War opened AND used the benefit of the holiday? Jesus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

In the UK it was a holiday on May 2nd last year but how many other countries didn't, just like Brazil? Guardians 2 still had some advantage over CW on first Monday.

Jesus, don't be that guy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Jesus, don't be that guy. 

I don't see what's the problem. Like me, he wants understanding how this holiday works in another countries.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

58 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It's a holiday in several countries besides UK, and do you really think someone will look through all holidays in all the countries that Civil War opened AND used the benefit of the holiday? Jesus. 

"1 May is celebrated as May Day in most countries around the world. In the United Kingdom and Ireland the bank holiday isn't fixed on May 1st, but instead is observed on the first Monday of May. "

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/global/may_day.php

Yes, there are another markets, but I don't see how CW's OS holiday was as big as Guardians 2's OS holiday. Brazil and Mexico weren't a holiday on may 2nd 2016 for example. It's like to compare a regional holiday with a national holiday.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

I don't see what's the problem. Like me, he wants understanding how this holiday works in another countries.

"1 May is celebrated as May Day in most countries around the world. In the United Kingdom and Ireland the bank holiday isn't fixed on May 1st, but instead is observed on the first Monday of May. "

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/global/may_day.php

Yes, there are another markets, but I don't see how CW's OS holiday was as big as Guardians 2's OS holiday. Brazil and Mexico weren't a holiday on may 2nd 2016 for example. It's like to compare a regional holiday with a national holiday.

There was like 5 different people explained who explained it to him. Some people just like to stick their heads in the sand and ignore it.