kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

[mod edit] It hasn't opened in most of its markets. 

Unless you're from the future. You don't know what the fyck the movie is going to end up at, so stop trying to downplay it [mod edit]. Plus it opened way more than the first one, saying it's only going to make 440 million is really really stupid.

I didn't say it isn't going to make $440m. I said it isn't LOCKED at this point. Read again before you talking more shit.

Stupid is saying a movie is locked to do $550m with a $100m OW inflated with some previews and a pre-holyday sunday. The only main markets left are:

China ($96m - first movie did)

SK ($10m)

Russia ($37m)

Japan ($10m)

= $153m

So, did you come from future? How is a $550M locked at this point?

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

I didn't say it isn't going to make $440m. I said it isn't LOCKED at this point. Read again before you talking more shit.

Stupid is saying a movie is locked to do $550m with a $100m OW inflated with some previews and a pre-holyday sunday. The only main markets left are:

SK ($10m)

Russia ($37m)

Japan ($10m)

= $153m

People explain me what you expect for this film? 

Really I don't understand...now 100M isn't good 

14 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

SK ($10m)

Russia ($37m)

Japan ($10m)

= $153m

Gawd damn, you can't be this stupid! I see what you writing, but it doesn't make any logical sense. I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. The original Guardians of the Galaxy grossed around 442 million overseas. So you're expecting the movie to stay flat overseas even though the sequel had a 50% higher opening than the original? LMAO. Good one. You keep living in Denial land Allison. Although, I did read in another thread you're hoping for the movie to FAIL. 

Just wait until it opens in the rest of the markets and crosses 550 million easily. You better not be around here when it does, b/c I'll make sure to bump your posts when it does. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, alisson23 said:

550m locked with a $100m OW with most of the markets opened? WTF. Great math skills you have.

It opend in around 58% of foreign markets witch eaquels an OS total opening around 175 mill

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

It opend in around 58% of foreign markets witch eaquels an OS total opening around 175 mill

Not if most of them are small markets. Even so, it would need a 3.14 multipler to do a $550M with a $175m OW. Not happening.

20 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Gawd damn, you can't be this stupid! I see what you writing, but it doesn't make any logical sense. I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. The original Guardians of the Galaxy grossed around 442 million overseas. So you're expecting the movie to stay flat overseas even though the sequel had a 50% higher opening than the original? LMAO. Good one. You keep living in Denial land Allison. Although, I did read in another thread you're hoping for the movie to FAIL. 

Just wait until it opens in the rest of the markets and crosses 550 million easily. You better not be around here when it does, b/c I'll make sure to bump your posts when it does. 

~270m from current markets (I'm being optimistic)

~110m from China

~40m Japan + SK

~25m Russia

~35m others small markets

~= $480m

Just wait a miracle and it will do $550m OS

Edited by alisson23

8 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Not if most of them are small markets. Even so, it would need a 3.14 multipler to do a $550M with a $175m OW. Not happening.

~270m from current markets (I'm being optimistic)

~110m from China

~40m Japan + SK

~25m Russia

~35m others small markets

~= $480m

Just wait a miracle and it will do $550m OS

Again you're not from the future. So, this whole 'not happening' thing is your damn biasness.

I've see you've changed your tune already from 440 million to 480. You better not be around when it grosses 550 million easily. I'll make sure to bump your 440 million post(s). Lol at you. It's not staying flat from the original.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Do you think GotG2's wom is as good as Civil War's wom?

Too early to say, but I'd say yes based on early reviews.

Which compared to you having a hatred wanting this movie to fail, its affecting your judgement. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

Again you're not from the future. So, this whole 'not happening' thing is your damn biasness.

I've see you've changed your tune already from 440 million to 480. You better not be around when it grosses 550 million easily. I'll make sure to bump your 440 million post(s). Lol at you. It's not staying flat from the original.

Again, I said 440m isn't locked... but I am optimistic about its number. Is it difficult for you to understand? That is why you're not understanding that $550m is not locked. Not even DS had a 3.1x of multiple with its initial markets accumulated, why GotG2 would have? 3.1x isn't too easy to make. Again, the OW is inflated with previews and pre-holiday Sunday.

9 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Again, I said 440m isn't locked... but I am optimistic about its number. Is it difficult for you to understand? That is why you're not understanding that $550m is not locked. Not even DS had a 3.1x of multiple with its initial markets accumulated, why GotG2 would have? 3.1x isn't too easy to make. Again, the OW is inflated with previews and pre-holiday Sunday.

It isn't locked but I'd say there is a better than 90% chance it reaches 550 million considering it opened 50% more than the original in half its territories. That's the thing you're not understanding [mod edit].

10 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It isn't locked but I'd say there is a better than 90% chance it reaches 550 million considering it opened 50% more than the original in half its territories. That's the thing you're not understanding [mod edit]

Okay. I'm very excited to see your despair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Agree. 550m isn't locked. It could happen but not locked

Can you please explain me how the hell this is coming close to $550m OS after opening almost everywhere, and after having an inflated OW in some of these markets? Especially when the only main markets for this movie are: China (tracking at $110m), Japan (irrelevant for this kind of movie), Russia and SK? I would love to read your analysis. 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 1