grim22

The 15:17 to Paris | Feb 9 2018 | You're probably sick of this trailer.

This has to be arriving with the least amount of fanfare for an Eastwood film since Blood Work almost 16 years ago (Letters from Iwo Jima had the excuse of being a foreign language film). Won't be surprised if even Middle America decides to stay far away from this one.

I really dug the trailer until I saw it about 15 times in the last two months. 

Then I realized they cheated. That inspirational voiceover was making it look better than it probably was going to be. 

Edited by tonytr87

The important thing, to me, is that the film's rotten tomatoes score is substantially higher than the score for Fifty Shades Freed. Critics are truthful about the quality of both films, but the gap in scores reveals the apparent legitimacy that 15:17 to Paris has over Fifty Shades Freed. I'm saying it's a big enough gap for people to notice that there's a difference.

I know I shouldn't be glad about a filmmaker's misfortune but this whole project felt icky from the start and I'm relieved that it doesn't look like it's going to catch on. 

I hope Eastwood has enough energy left to put his time into something much more worthwhile. American Sniper and Sully would have been a good note to retire on.

I would say both target groups don't care too much about reviews ^^.
And it's true, the metascore is in the mixed zone. I'm not happy with the US reviews either and good ones would have helped for sure but probably the success of this film depends mainly on how interesting this incident is for the target audience and/or Eastwood fans.
And by the way, Clint Eastwood is almost 88 years old now. Not every film of him has to be a surprise hit at the box office.