grim22

The 15:17 to Paris | Feb 9 2018 | You're probably sick of this trailer.

EXCLUSIVE: Clint Eastwood has firmed the next film he will direct. He’ll helm a drama based on the book The 15:17 To Paris: The True Story Of A Terrorist, A Train, And Three American Heroes. The book was written by Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos, Spencer Stone and Jeffrey E. Stern; the life rights of the heroes Sadler, Skarlatos and Stone are part of the package. Newcomer scribe Dorothy Blyskal wrote the script, and Eastwood will begin casting right away to start production later this year. Eastwood will produce with Tim Moore, Kristina Rivera and Jessica Meier.

Here, Eastwood makes room for a trio of heroes in Sadler, Skarlatos and Stone. In August 2015, an ISIS terrorist boarded train #9364 from Brussels to Paris. Armed with an AK-47 and enough ammo to kill more than 500 people, the terrorist might have succeeded except for three American friends who refused to give in to fear. Stone was a martial arts enthusiast and airman first class in the U.S. Air Force, Skarlatos was a member of the Oregon National Guard, and all three pals proved fearless as they charged and ultimately overpowered the gunman after he emerged from a bathroom armed and ready to kill. They most certainly averted a mass tragedy.

• Like 2

judy greer is in this? another wasted role i'd imagine. she's gonna be 70 and i'm still gonna be waiting for someone to give her the great film role she deserves.

also act of valor used that gimmick already. but everyone forgot it so quickly so go ahead w/ it clint. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

judy greer is in this? another wasted role i'd imagine. she's gonna be 70 and i'm still gonna be waiting for someone to give her the great film role she deserves.

I like her too, but many actors are just destined to be supporting players forever (and they make a pretty good living out of it). 

Maybe she will eventually find a great role that earns her an Oscar nod and leads to better, more substantial roles; who knows? I would love to see that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

umm... good comeback?

I guess I was just trying to say that I think film is getting better about race, slowly but surely. It's certainly not just 'white people' winning the battles in film anymore. Besides, this film will depict heroes beating terrorists (aka someone that was actually planning on killing other people, which is heinous no matter the ethnicity).

Another thing is that Islam, as a religion, is open to people of multiple ethnicities. It's just like Christianity, my religion; I've seen Caucasian Christians, African American Christians, Hispanic Christians, Asian Christians, all sorts of people who are Christian. Same with Islam. So looking at this story as a White dominance feature is an inherently wrong way to look at it.

I'm sorry for unexpectedly going into a rant but I just felt led to clear some things up.

• Like 2