kayumanggi

HAPPY DEATH DAY | 10.13.17 | Universal

10 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Also, budget is only $4.5m, it will be profitable by the end of the OD.

Oh..... my, Blumhouse did it again....

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=fvBDW0TLfiVle4lARZFbhg%3d%3d

Gross budget of only 6.2m, with 80% of that spent in bottom line expense in the tax credit generous Louisiana !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Blumhouse is allergic to L's

If L's mean lost, it is the complete opposite, Blumhouse model is made on having many lost by design.

They do a lot of movies until one happen to work, never go above the pre-determined amount and if the movie does not work, they take the L's, do not try to fix it with reshoot or buying a first weekend with marketing (they spent on those that play well in test screening).

Lot of their movie's did 0 to 12 million worldwide in 2016/2017

Martyrs, Visions, Hush, The Darkness, In a valley of violence, Keeping hours, Incarnate, Alive and kicking, Lowriders, etc... we just do not remember any of those . But their losts are low enough that the winners (Get Out, split, Ouija, Purges, The Gift, Paranomrals, Insidious, Unfriended, Boys next doors and so on) more than cover for their lost that are expected to happen and not seen has problems but the design. And their lost are low enough because they embrace them and do not hate the lost, no ego here, no press pressure for any success either ever, no press when they fail, they simply bury them and pass to the next project.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Apparently there’s an embargo until tonight, I don’t get this, reactions on Twitter are extremely positive, with many calling it the best Horror movie of year, what’s Universal afraid of? Well, The Shallows also had an embargo until one day before the release and it turned out pretty well. 

Maybe they’re afraid critics will trash it. A critic told me press was embargoed on Piranha 3D cause the studio was convinced critics would trash it and where surprised when they didnt.

Also Universal may have a deal with Slant Magazine so they allow them to have the only review for 2 days.

34 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Apparently there’s an embargo until tonight, I don’t get this, reactions on Twitter are extremely positive, with many calling it the best Horror movie of year, what’s Universal afraid of?  

maybe worried about spoilers?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Maybe they’re afraid critics will trash it. A critic told me press was embargoed on Piranha 3D cause the studio was convinced critics would trash it and where surprised when they didnt.

Also Universal may have a deal with Slant Magazine so they allow them to have the only review for 2 days.

Yeah, I hope it will be another The Shallows situation, with the studio being afraid of critics, but the movie still getting a good reception, and considering the opinion of the public -so far-, this will probably happen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Barnack said:

If L's mean lost, it is the complete opposite, Blumhouse model is made on having many lost by design.

They do a lot of movies until one happen to work, never go above the pre-determined amount and if the movie does not work, they take the L's, do not try to fix it with reshoot or buying a first weekend with marketing (they spent on those that play well in test screening).

Lot of their movie's did 0 to 12 million worldwide in 2016/2017

Martyrs, Visions, Hush, The Darkness, In a valley of violence, Keeping hours, Incarnate, Alive and kicking, Lowriders, etc... we just do not remember any of those . But their losts are low enough that the winners (Get Out, split, Ouija, Purges, The Gift, Paranomrals, Insidious, Unfriended, Boys next doors and so on) more than cover for their lost that are expected to happen and not seen has problems but the design. And their lost are low enough because they embrace them and do not hate the lost, no ego here, no press pressure for any success either ever, no press when they fail, they simply bury them and pass to the next project.

Great post, because it is pretty easy to only remember the hits and completely forget the Zeroes.

Regardless of exactly how it works, the fact is, the plan does seem to actually be working.

We, as fans, seem to be getting good movies out of it. That's all we can ask for.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

*sees Chris Stuckmann video*

Image result for bug spray gif

*walks away*

Don't see what's wrong with Stuckmann. I get how Jahns/Schmoes/collider could rub people the wrong way but I find Stuckmann to be easily the "most accessible"(?) of the YouTube "critics"