kayumanggi

HAPPY DEATH DAY | 10.13.17 | Universal

2 hours ago, kitik said:

Great post, because it is pretty easy to only remember the hits and completely forget the Zeroes.

Regardless of exactly how it works, the fact is, the plan does seem to actually be working.

Planet money did an episode on the Blumhouse model speaking to exec and the director of The Boy Next Door, that did explain the model a little bit, he explained that the International distributor gave him the money for free for is reshoot because Blumhouse would not even spent 300k more than the planned budget and how your movie can be buried hard if it does not test well.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/03/29/521950337/episode-650-the-genius-behind-get-out

12 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I don’t understand why people waste their time with these “critics” of YouTube. If you’re not on RT, you’re irrelevant. 

The big ones has over 1 million subscriber and would still be relevant without RT I imagine (few critics reach more people after all now), but some like Stuckman are:

Chris Stuckmann's reviews (from any publication) always count toward the Tomatometer because this critic is a Tomatometer-approved critic.
Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5

We will see the next study on it (RT relevance) I'm curious if it could one day show some sign of strong effect outside a very narrow (Baby Driver type of movie) niche, has it become a bigger phenomenon, but is relevance is a bit still up in the air for a large spectrum of the movies.

Negative from Guardian and Joblo.

Both say it needed to be rated R. 

The PG13 does worry me a bit, especially since some people are claiming it’s a slasher film. 

Plus theres no reason it couldnt be R. The last 9 weeks worth of #1 films have been R rated. 

When it comes to horror movies, the opinion of critics feels way less important for me than other genres. I love Krampus (2015) despite its mixed-positive reception and i really like Silent Hill (2006) because its great if you liked the games. So if this film ends up in the 40-70% range, thats good enough for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The PG13 does worry me a bit, especially since some people are claiming it’s a slasher film. 

Plus theres no reason it couldnt be R. The last 9 weeks worth of #1 films have been R rated. 

I can’t blame them for doing this. Unfriended was another movie that had strong appeal on social media with teens girls, but ended underperforming because the main demo couldn’t attend. I’m pretty sure it was the reason why they went PG13 with this one. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

A lot of reviews I’ve said stated it isn’t even a horror movie or a slasher movie, it’s a comedy.

16 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I can’t blame them for doing this. Unfriended was another movie that had strong appeal on social media with teens girls, but ended underperforming because the main demo couldn’t attend. I’m pretty sure it was the reason why they went PG13 with this one. 

Wasn’t there a report recently that states the 13-17 year old demo flock to R rated horror movies more than any other genre.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Wasn’t there a report recently that states the 13-17 year old demo flock to R rated horror movies more than any other genre.

No, it was an article talking at how IT managed to bring teens in droves, despite the rating, but even in this case, the % was far behind the older one.

A best comparison would be Annabelle: Creation, even Deadline mentioned that the main reason why the movie over performed, was because the teens girls showed in droves, but even in this situation, the share was only 19%, behind the over 25 demo. 

• Like 1