kayumanggi

HAPPY DEATH DAY | 10.13.17 | Universal

15 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I can’t see this!!!!! What’s this??

Huh. It was Tasty video of baking a bloody red velvet cake, with the masked dude creeping around in the background during. Dunno why they deleted it.

EDIT:
Does this work?

Edited by Taylor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2017 at 7:06 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

This reminds me: Groundhog Day should be a subgenre in of itself. So far, it has worked almost everywhere it has crossed over with in the last few years (besides with the original film) - Edge Of Tomorrow as a sci-fi action; it's looking to work in HDD, which is a slasher from what I can; and even Before I Fall, a young adult romance, could've gotten panned.... and it didn't, it got better than expected wom.

It is a little bit, and yes it does seem like a solid concept hard to make a boring end product of, it is like a long training montage in some ways and those are almost always fun.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GroundhogDayLoop

Run Lola Run was also quite fun, 50 first dates, sources code, edge of tomorrow like you said.

Very confident Happy death day will be a big success, movie that have a nice trailer (and paid for a popular song), have a short proven high concept than fit in the title like those are the easiest to sell to an audience, add the popular genre to it also.... Could see an other The Accountant type of success happen here (but a more frontloaded one)

• Like 1

I don’t see it having bad legs, even the awful Ouija 1 got a 2.6x thanks to Halloween, I can see it getting at least a 2.8x, and if the movie is good as people is saying, a 3.0x becomes a real possibility, it will have the whole Halloween to itself, Jigsaw will be a non event, and will be dead after the first day, appealing to a strong demo that always show up to Horror movie, plus, being the last must see of the genre this year won’t hurt it either, it has everything to break out, and I hope it will finish the year for the genre with a BANG!

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

“While we aren’t updating forecasts for Happy Death Day until next week, it continues to show very healthy signs across tracking. Its Friday the 13th opening will no doubt increase front-loading to opening night, but we wouldn’t rule out an opening weekend even higher than $20 million at this point. Final forecasts to follow next week.”

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-happy-death-day-thanksgiving-updates/

ITS HAPPENING GUYS, join the hype train while you can!

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

“While we aren’t updating forecasts for Happy Death Day until next week, it continues to show very healthy signs across tracking. Its Friday the 13th opening will no doubt increase front-loading to opening night, but we wouldn’t rule out an opening weekend even higher than $20 million at this point. Final forecasts to follow next week.”

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-happy-death-day-thanksgiving-updates/

ITS HAPPENING GUYS, join the hype train while you can!

The marketing campaign for this has been too muted to suggest anything past low-$20M numbers at best but anything slightly above that would be really good. Being a PG-13 will probably help in addition to the gimmicky release date.

Edited by filmlover

They’re focusing the marketing where the main demo is, on social media, I’ve seen lots of adverting on YT/Twitter/Facebook, the trailer was at 50M views on Facebook on the last time I checked, it is on par with Get Out before the release.

And knowing the historical of BOP at underestimating Horror movies, if they’re expecting $20m+, I would say that it has a real shot at $30m+ if reviews are decent. 

• Like 1

Just now, RichWS said:

Still have to see It so this might be part of a double feature. Can I handle two HORRORS in one day? My local multiplex doesn't look like it's getting Foreigner, which would be a huge blow. 

How many screens does your theater have? The Foreigner is only getting 2,300 theaters, so a lot of smaller theaters won't have it.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How many screens does your theater have? The Foreigner is only getting 2,300 theaters, so a lot of smaller theaters won't have it.

10 screens. Suppose they still might have it, but they only have Thursday showings of this at the moment. I'd much rather do Chan vs. Brosnan.

They also have Brad's Status this weekend so I'd be pissed if they didn't have Foreigner. 

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

They’re focusing the marketing where the main demo is, on social media, I’ve seen lots of adverting on YT/Twitter/Facebook, the trailer was at 50M views on Facebook on the last time I checked, it is on par with Get Out before the release.

And knowing the historical of BOP at underestimating Horror movies, if they’re expecting $20m+, I would say that it has a real shot at $30m+ if reviews are decent. 

I frequently use the internet and I have seen many advertisements. I like using a story app called Wattpad, and Happy Death Day is really being advertised there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I hear the press screening for this is Tuesday night. Confirm deny? I assume there is no embargo on it.

Not sure, but there's a lot of people who have watched it, already.

I couldn't resist and I just read it. I didn't like it. I'll be watching it as soon as it gets released here. However, I've seen some people complaining about the movie's tone, the pg-13 rating and the plot as a whole.

22 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Not sure, but there's a lot of people who have watched it, already.

I couldn't resist and I just read it. I didn't like it. I'll be watching it as soon as it gets released here. However, I've seen some people complaining about the movie's tone, the pg-13 rating and the plot as a whole.

Read what? The script?