Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

7 hours ago, davincicode1 said:

look how they treated "Mama"...no expansions, theater boosts nor dual releases etc.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=mama.htm

Setting aside for a moment that its stupid to think a studio would try to cut short the run of one of its own successful movies for racial reasons, why would Mama's run have any bearing on this idea? The stars are Chastain and Coster-Waldau who are two of the least black actors out there, the director is Argentinian and thus Hispanic, but he doesn't particularly look like a minority, and the villain is a hard-to-recognize ghost-mom sort of thing.

Honestly, does this movie even have an african-american character in it? It seems like it'd be the poster child for *lack* of racial diversity rather than an example of an overtly african-american-themed film and thus a candidate for racially-based kneecapping.

The choice of examples, combined with bits like "... a movie doesn't really need to have a great WoM in order to warrant theater boosts or to remain in theaters unnecessarily long. " (bolding mine) and abusive posting make me certain this is trolling. I agree with narniadis. This is clearly trolling and a ban is warranted.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

The Circle next week will be a box office juggernaut.

Hide contents

Said No One ever.

Not true! Every movie that opened this week WISHES it was The Circle...

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Any Saturday numbers? I'm so bored and just had like this big ass allergic reaction to my friend's cat now I'm lying in bed just hoping for @Rth and the Beast or @EmpireCity to come by and take my mind off the swollen eyes or hard breathing 

Eek you sound like me when I am around house cats hope it doesn't linger long.

• Like 1

Just now, narniadis said:

Eek you sound like me when I am around house cats hope it doesn't linger long.

Thanks man :) 

Ive known I'm allergic for years, but this is the first time it's ever been bad

22 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Hey, where'd DaVinci go? We need more race war conspiracy theories, this place is dying and the Great TP Mummy War is like a month away.

It's not really a "war" if you're the only one fighting

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Any Saturday numbers? I'm so bored and just had like this big ass allergic reaction to my friend's cat now I'm lying in bed just hoping for @Rth and the Beast or @EmpireCity to come by and take my mind off the swollen eyes or hard breathing 

Feel free to come to my place in midtown Boston since my gf managed to invite everyone else...

Free drinks I guess too...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Shouldnt you be seeking medical attention?

I took some antihistamines and going to wait a few hours to see if it goes down. If not yea ill probably drive over to the hospital as the walk in will be long closed. It's more uncomfortable than scary, I just wish I didn't pet the kitty

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Feel better man! That sounds like no fun :/ I feel fortunate I don't believe to this point I have allergies but my GF does and I know they can severely suck.

• Like 1