trifle

WGA authorizes strike with 96% vote | tentative agreement reached at 1am PDT

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

Anything that's been greenlit but isn't already shooting will be heavily hurt or delayed.

Anything in development will probably just be delayed.

Anything already shooting will be hurt (hard to tell whether significantly or not).

Anything later in shooting will be mildly hurt (probably).

Anything in post will be mildly hurt (probably).

TV is gonna be a clusterfuck - so many shows had Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash seasons the last time

• Like 7

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Deadpool and Ant-Man should be fine; their scripts are mostly final by now.

Deadpool doesn't need a script anyway just film Ryan Reynolds cracking dick jokes and making fun of Josh Brolin

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Deadpool and Ant-Man should be fine; their scripts are mostly final by now.

A writer's job isn't over when the script is done isn't it? He / she still has to be present during the shooting of the movie to make changes to the script and dialogue as required.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Anything that's been greenlit but isn't already shooting will be heavily hurt or delayed.

From a lot of interview, it does look like those franchise movie rarely have a script when they are greenlight and often not a final one even when the principal photography start.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Give it to me straight @Tele Came Back. How worried should I be about Thor?

No idea. :lol: 

Just now, DMan7 said:

A writer's job isn't over when the script is done isn't it? He / she still has to be present during the shooting of the movie to make changes to the script and dialogue as required.

Just now, trifle said:

Yeah, someone has to write the script for reshoots.

Yes, it could be as simple as having to rewrite for a location. You can't.

• Like 2

I think unlike the last WGA strike, the AMPTP will try and hammer out a deal a lot sooner since Upfronts are coming up and the networks don't want to have an empty fall season.

QoS was badly affected by the last strike, Daniel Craig and Marc Forester had to do unofficial rewrites as the script was nowhere near ready.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

From a lot of interview, it does look like those franchise movie rarely have a script when they are greenlight and often not a final one even when the principal photography start.

There's not really a "final script" until the movie finishes post. You have a shooting script, of course, which could be considered "final" (generally speaking), but even then it will probably go through steady minor revisions all the way through shooting.

Once pre-production is done assuming no reshoots is needed then those movies are safe however movies that are currently in pre-production might have to delay shooting until the strike is over. 

Edited by DMan7

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think unlike the last WGA strike, the AMPTP will try and hammer out a deal a lot sooner since Upfronts are coming up and the networks don't want to have an empty fall season.

I hope so. What the WGA's asking for is really pretty minor in terms of the overall picture of what the studios are collectively earning. At this point I assume they don't want to appear as pushovers. And they're notorious for trying to strike hard deals against writers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Last time it was worse because it was happening during TV season itself. Worst comes to worst everything will just premiere later than usual.