WrathOfHan

Glass | Jan 18, 2019 | The 22nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

Here's something crazy: maybe the existence of test screenings are to improve upon the project, see what does and doesn't work, and pick the best cut that audiences would be satisfied with.

So maybe...let's not take test screenings so seriously for once?

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Obvious anti-plant is obvious. This shit has all the red flags of an anti-plant "review" - starts and finishes with "do not see the movie" (why do you care? it isn't your money), everything else too vague, barely anything positive to say except the most expected thing (McAvoy is committed...yeah, and grass is green), compares the movie to director's worst work to drive the point why everyone should go see the competition that week, "some actors are just not very strong performers" (say that again? SLJ, Willis, Paulson and Anya are as strong as they get so unless they are shockingly backgrounded in favor of some people that don't feature in the trailer who could those weak links be? BS).

This is pure BS. Someone is shitting their pants that Glass is gonna dominate that part of the boxoffice season and is trying to sabotage it.

One of my friends works for Preview Free Movies and Glass apparently DID screen last night (not in LA).

Review could be BS if that's already known on the internet, but if it's not, then the guy could be telling the truth.

Edited by The Dark Shape
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dark Shape said:

One of my friends works for Preview Free Movies and Glass apparently DID screen last night (not in LA).

Review could be BS if that's already known on the internet, but if it's not, then the guy could be telling the truth.

Was just going to say this! There was a test screening last night. Not sure if the review is legit though, as I haven't heard anything about the movie's quality.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, The Dark Shape said:

I've no doubt that the movie screened. Anti-Plants want confirmation that something was screened. So I've no doubt that this one saw the movie. It's just that his review has all the red flags of an anti-plant. 

3 minutes ago, The Dark Shape said:

I don't really subscribe to the idea of anti-plants, at least on the studio level.  Studios all use the same test marketing companies (PFM, Movie View, etc) and could easily just put each other on-blast at all times.

A plant doesn't need to see the movie to start silly rumors. :Venom:

You're right, but they'd still be accessing the same information every other studio has and could use against them.

The poster has a pretty long Reddit history, talking about all kinds of movies and video games.  He likes some, he doesn't like some.

It just comes off like silly fanboy stuff - you don't like a review, therefore it's an "anti-plant."  Maybe someone just saw the movie and didn't like it.

I'm approaching this film like I did Venom...ignoring critics and planning to go if the studios cut me a little deal on tickets (or if Santa brings me a movie subscription).  I LOVE the concept...I LOVE how the movies, even though they were so different, are being brought together...this is like Avengers except all of this was original content and concept, which makes it even cooler:).  So, it can be 10% of RT.com or lousy on Metacritic, but if I get a ticket deal, I'm there:)...

• Like 2