kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So where can we expect BP to land when all is said and done? Is hitting 1.3B still on the table?

Well, given it’s massive DOM-gross....i don’t see why over $1.3B WW would be undoable.

It will definately outgross Frozen, WW-wise for the 10th biggest film.....that’s for sure.

On the dom side Avengers added 4.5X its 6th weekend

Jurassic World added 3.5X its 6th weekend

I expect BP to lean more towards the JW side, maybe a slightly worse multi since JW had a big expansion before labor day on its 12th weekend and stayed strong for 2 weeks while BP will have IW opening on its 11th weekend.  But it could just as well perform better around that time, who knows.

I'm guessing 680-690.

Overseas it did 26.2m in the last 7 days, this week should be a lighter drop than last week, but still over 50% I think.  10m, then 5 after that, then another 3-5m total from there to the end.

I think it hits 625 or more, but a minimum of 620 for sure.  So I'll give 1.3b a 91.3657% chance  ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

More details:

The film also crossed $100M in China while Europe saw an overall regional drop-off of 36% from last weekend. Especially strong holds were seen in Israel (-11%), South Africa (-18%), Belgium and Sweden (-25%), the Netherlands and the UK (-29%) and Denmark (-34%). Black Pantheris now the highest grossing superhero movie ever in the Netherlands. It remained No. 1 for a 6th weekend in a row in South Africa.

The Top 5 markets are China ($102.7M), the UK ($62.7M), Korea ($42.8M), Brazil ($34.1M) and France ($30.6M).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

More details:

The film also crossed $100M in China while Europe saw an overall regional drop-off of 36% from last weekend. Especially strong holds were seen in Israel (-11%), South Africa (-18%), Belgium and Sweden (-25%), the Netherlands and the UK (-29%) and Denmark (-34%). Black Pantheris now the highest grossing superhero movie ever in the Netherlands. It remained No. 1 for a 6th weekend in a row in South Africa.

The Top 5 markets are China ($102.7M), the UK ($62.7M), Korea ($42.8M), Brazil ($34.1M) and France ($30.6M).

that Netherlands stat is so awesomely random. 

• Like 1

OS weekend was $1.4M higher than estimated, OS total $1.48M higher:

Country
(click to view chart)
Rank Days in
Wknd
Weekend
Gross
%
Change
Screens/
Theaters
Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date Week #
FOREIGN TOTAL 4 3 $14,302,314 -54.3% 57 - $250,918 $607,880,860 6

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2018W12&id=marvel2017b.htm

Good hold again, dropped only 39.7% outside of China this weekend.

Edited by Ephemeris
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 2