kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

35 more dom (~685 total) and 19 more os (after a 7.7 weekend which was inflated due to Easter; 19=7.7*2.5) will give BP 1328 ww.

TLJ is 1332.4, so as such BP could beat TLJ but think TLJ will edge it out. BP Over JL*2 is locked though.

21 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

That's sad, Frozen is a much, much better film :(

Means nothing. First, because anyone knows that the WW chart has no connection with the "quality" of the movies. Second, because even a 3 hours long documentary on the various shapes of rocks and cobblestones would be a better movie.

• ...wtf 1

25 minutes ago, Omni said:

Means nothing. First, because anyone knows that the WW chart has no connection with the "quality" of the movies. Second, because even a 3 hours long documentary on the various shapes of rocks and cobblestones would be a better movie.

You've always been a Frozen hater for no good reason so you don't count :P

Totally didn’t expect to see BP having this great holding power in the OS markets. It’s a pleasant surprise though. 

Hope it has enough juice on both domestic and overseas fronts to go pass TLJ. Go T’Challa!

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the biggest SH origin movie OS was Dr. Strange with around 450 m.

BP is a monster!

Im assuming you mean FIRST solo movie rather than origin because if its origin then TASM1 had the highest OS gross for an origin movie. 

If you mean first solo movie then yes DS was the highest before BP overtook it

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Im assuming you mean FIRST solo movie rather than origin because if its origin then TASM1 had the highest OS gross for an origin movie. 

If you mean first solo movie then yes DS was the highest before BP overtook it

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The amazing Spider-Man did 495M os

Either way, my point still stands. :P

BP's OS performance exceeds all expectations. :ohmygod:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, YLF said:

Its not listed on box office mojo I don't think... what did it make there? Was it because it opened on a holiday or something

I don't know about its gross specifically but it already made more than Thor: Ragnarok, the former highest grossing solo superhero film in Vietnam. 

No it opened 5 days after the Lunar New Year so definitely not on a holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1