kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I know, I was just pointing out that O/U 305 is what it needs + the 230 from DOM to break F8's record. It's likelier to hit the 315-325 range, maybe higher.

Whit the latest OS numbers 320m OS is locked, it's a far stretch but 350m seems more and more probable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I know, I was just pointing out that O/U 305 is what it needs + the 230 from DOM to break F8's record. It's likelier to hit the 315-325 range, maybe higher.

About that $230 Dom

22 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Unless I am seeing this wrong, it hit closer to $107m on Friday.  

If accurate the o/w record is back on the table

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Why do think the OD will be in spain? is $1.8m dollar realistic? 

Yes, it is realistic. We do not know still any figure, but it is being said that it is already the biggest opening of the year (50 shades freed opened to $5.7m). And it is being said that it can be the best opening for a SH film ever. If I remember well, both SM1 and TA opened to a bit over €5m ($6m), so that could be the lowest data for the weekend. For reference, Ultron opened to $4.9m.

And then let's add that May 1st is national holiday and May 2nd is holiday in Madrid region (6.5 million inhabitants). Long weekend.

16 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

way over it'll do more than that on euros 

Over €2m OD? Considering that Saturday and Sunday use to be stronger, we could see a €7.5-8m opening. If I am not wrong, the OW record is about €9m (POTC2). Astonishing if it is true. Maybe it could have a chance to be the biggest SH film ever (Spider-man is the biggest for the moment with €22m).

14 minutes ago, peludo said:

Over €2m OD? Considering that Saturday and Sunday use to be stronger, we could see a €7.5-8m opening. If I am not wrong, the OW record is about €9m (POTC2). Astonishing if it is true. Maybe it could have a chance to be the biggest SH film ever (Spider-man is the biggest for the moment with €22m).

How does it come close to OW records even in Europe?!?

We speculated before release that without China, IW would have gotten to #2 WW opening at best (and that with record OW Dom)

But now it’s gonna be cruising through the WW record without even breaking a sweat lmao. 

• Like 3

I’m so confused as to which party to join lol. The OS party at first looks like it’s gonna be way more impressive than Dom. But then EmpireCity came to throw down that 107-108M OD figure and suddenly, Dom party also catching up in the fun.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

I’m so confused as to which party to join lol. The OS party at first looks like it’s gonna be way more impressive than Dom. But then EmpireCity came to throw down that 107-108M OD figure and suddenly, Dom party also catching up in the fun.

We realy might have a shot at 600m OW WW. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

It has been so much fun watching IW's box office performance. Smashing records in so many markets. Impressive.

1 minute ago, Quigley said:

It's looking like a massive Friday OS. Thursday openers staying flat. Other markets increasing. WOW. $75M at least?

If it goes to $80m we are in for a treat. We would be at $282.5m on Friday. Then $135m Dom for $417.5m total. So we need about 182.5m sat-sun OS. With $80m Friday that is locked, so if we hit $107.5m DOM and $80m OS today. I would say $600m WW OW is locked. 

2 minutes ago, LeoC said:

It has been so much fun watching IW's box office performance. Smashing records in so many markets. Impressive.

For sure. Even more impressive are the incredible holds on 2nd or 3rd day after already record breaking OD in most countries. In this day and age when WOM travels fast, that speaks to the great reception it’s receiving.

Honestly, after the first time finish watching the movie, I didn’t think the plot choices would have gone over well with audience. Still gonna have to wait for 2nd weekend drop at least, but reception so far definitely is a lot more positive than I anticipated

20 minutes ago, Sam said:

We speculated before release that without China, IW would have gotten to #2 WW opening at best (and that with record OW Dom)

But now it’s gonna be cruising through the WW record without even breaking a sweat lmao. 

Nah, y'all of little faith. I for one have been touting IW will make WW OW record (around 240-270m from Dom plus 280-330m OS san China/Russia). I further maintain that this record is easier to break than Dom OW record.