kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

That number is for Wed+Thu meaning it has made 95m even before weekend proper starts. The number for Wed was I believe so Thu must have been 57m

Yeah my mistake. Somehow I thought it opened on Tuesday in some countries. The time zones difference mess me up lol. 

So 2 days total of close to 100M already. Can really see it having a chance of breaching 300M OS. Without China. Crazy! 

IW made $56M on Thursday, which is the 3rd biggest first Thursday OS, behind Fate of the Furious ($58.9M) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($58.6M).

If we discount Half-Blood Prince, for whose first Thurday I have no data, IW's 2-day total is the biggest 2-day OS total.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thursday Openers

·       Brazil:  Highest opening day in industry history with an 87% market share.

·       UK:  3rd highest opening day for Disney and highest MCU opening day of all-time with an 89% market share.

·       Germany:  Highest superhero opening day of all-time with an 85% market share.

·       Argentina:  2nd highest opening day in industry history with an 83% market share.

·       Rest of Latin America:  Highest opening day in industry history in Central America, Chile, Peru and Bolivia.  Market shares in each country above 90%.

·       Rest of Europe:  Highest opening day in industry history in UAE.  Highest superhero opening day of all-time in Austria, Bosnia/Herz, Czech Rep, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Middle East, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Ukraine. Market shares include Greece (95%), Austria (85%) and Czech Rep (85%).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bladels said:

Because China is unpredictable AF. WOM is really strong force there

Presales have started in China. Pretty strong for the moment. According what people who know very well the market, a 160-200 OW is very likely.

And it is still early to say, but there is some signs that could head it to China OW > DOM OW...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Presales have started in China. Pretty strong for the moment. According what people who know very well the market, a 160-200 OW is very likely.

And it is still early to say, but there is some signs that could head it to China OW > DOM OW...

Too early 

3 minutes ago, peludo said:

Don’t think Dom OW gonna fall under 200M. I mean there’s always a chance but I just don’t see it in this case.

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Don’t think Dom OW gonna fall under 200M. I mean there’s always a chance but I just don’t see it in this case.

I have not said DOM OW < 200, but there is a slim chance that China OW > DOM OW, whatever it opens in USA. Presales are HUGE, even close to F8 territory ;)

• Like 1

Just now, peludo said:

I have not said DOM OW < 200, but there is a slim chance that China OW > DOM OW, whatever it opens in USA. Presales are HUGE, even close to F8 territory ;)

Damn, I read your post the total opposite way.

Reading comprehension is not my forte for the day lol.

2 minutes ago, bladels said:

That's a good drop considering OD is a holiday

Gonna have the double holiday next Monday and Tuesday there too. 5 day weekend basically. More big numbers to come I hope.

The saturation level in Chile is really unprecedent, I haven't seen so much showtimes for a single movie before (still not enough to make Coco leave theaters completely :hahaha:, but almost). 

The presale fever has cooled down significantly for the rest of the weekend but the chilean market is walkup heavy so I wouldn't worry.  Tuesday is labor day and cinemas are one of the few thing allowed to function so it might dilute the proper OW somewhat but I still see heavy danger for Furious 7 OW record (2,7M). F7 is also the kind of multiplier that this movie should aspire (3.54) but if it has something like a 3M OW even with AoU legs (literally the worst among the worst, 2.78) it would easily outgross Ultron

32 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Thursday Openers

·       Brazil:  Highest opening day in industry history with an 87% market share.

·       UK:  3rd highest opening day for Disney and highest MCU opening day of all-time with an 89% market share.

·       Germany:  Highest superhero opening day of all-time with an 85% market share.

·       Argentina:  2nd highest opening day in industry history with an 83% market share.

·       Rest of Latin America:  Highest opening day in industry history in Central America, Chile, Peru and Bolivia.  Market shares in each country above 90%.

·       Rest of Europe:  Highest opening day in industry history in UAE.  Highest superhero opening day of all-time in Austria, Bosnia/Herz, Czech Rep, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Middle East, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Ukraine. Market shares include Greece (95%), Austria (85%) and Czech Rep (85%).

Seen that way you could say that only Brazil and most of Latin America is really impressive ^^"