grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

21 Dunkirk tickets on Fandango for the minute watched. After avalanche of good reviews today, expecting it on both Fandango and MT this evening.

Emoji is replicating the Baywatch deal - $5/ticket today only on Atom...should at least finally see a bump in their presales after this deal...

EDIT: And if we don't see a presales pick up on this, boy, that will be a REALLY bad sign!

Edited by TwoMisfits

Exhibition Stocks Fall Again After Weaker Than Expected Weekend Box Office

“We continue to see August as the most difficult comparison for the quarter as nothing in this year’s line-up appears able to compete with the success of last year’s anti-super hero film Suicide Squad,” he says. “In order for August to come somewhat close to last year, the box office will need to see a break-out hit from a film like Atomic Blonde, The Dark Tower, The Hitman’s Bodyguard or Logan Luck.”

Bad news for them, good for holdovers I guess...Apes should have been placed in August

Edited by XO21
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Emoji is replicating the Baywatch deal - $5/ticket today only on Atom...should at least finally see a bump in their presales after this deal...

EDIT: And if we don't see a presales pick up on this, boy, that will be a REALLY bad sign!

Most of the theaters aren't even selling Emoji tickets yet some have posted showtimes for Atomic Blonde.

Funny Pulse only works on mobile and now Movie Tickets only works on non-mobile:)...

Right now, Apes is #1 29.4, Spidey is #2 28.6, DM 3 is #3 11.9, BD is #4 at 5, and BS is #5 at 4.9

I'd love to see a Top 5 pulse to compare:)...

Pulse top 5

1. SMH

2. PotA

3. DM3

4. GT

5. BD

Strange about Pulse and MT. I'll have to check Pulse on my computer later but both appear to be working on my mobile right now.

Looking ahead, I'm surprised by how little the releases of the 28th seem to be selling. I wonder if they're just getting lost in the shuffle of the new releases for now and if they'll be able to pick up next week. We'll see I guess.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

This link works but when I type in movietickets.com on my mobile without the m part in the front it takes me to their revamped site which does not show the percentages

Hmmm... I checked out movietickets.com and it looks different but I found the percentages under the trending banner just under the what's new on MT stories.

Tickets are up for Detroit at my AMC. It has an average auditorium during the day and gets upgraded to the second biggest at night. The Lion King rerelease swaps screens with it.

Also, Detroit has a 2:23 runtime :jeb!: 

I think Atomic Blonde making the charts over Valerian (poor TOG) despite the latter being released this week seems like a decent sign. Won't be a big hit but should manage a solid $20-25M opening on account of a nifty marketing campaign.