grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

6 hours ago, JB33 said:

Has anybody seen any ANNABELLE: CREATION tracking? Not talking about Pulse or MT, just numbers. Any chance of a $30M+ opening weekend?

Boxoffice Pro has $27M (as of last week)...no one else has updated tracking for over a month...

I think $27M might be optimistic, but we'll see as the week shapes up...there is a specific Atom deal for the movie, so that should help OW slightly...

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Any reason why An Inconvenient Sequel is at #1 on Pulse? 

Annabelle is appearing quite well, anything above $25m would be great for this movie. 

Yes - free tickets are being given out on Fandango...if you can't sell it, see how many people will waste 2 hours for free:)...if anyone wants the codes, I'll post them...

This is now the 2nd movie of the last 3 days that resorted to absolutely free tickets...maybe it will help this one more...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

Dunkirk - 15.2%

Dark Tower - 11.6%

Emoji - 8.1%

Girls Trip - 7.2%

Spider-Man - 7.2%

Dunkirk - 14.5%

Emoji - 10.8%

Dark Tower - 10.3%

Spider-Man - 7.9%

Girls Trip - 6.5%

will Spider-Man be in the top 5 next week?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Dunkirk - 14.5%

Emoji - 10.8%

Dark Tower - 10.3%

Spider-Man - 7.9%

Girls Trip - 6.5%

will Spider-Man be in the top 5 next week?

That would make it 6 consecutive weeks running, with just getting knocked out for a few hours last Friday...

• Like 2

So, 72 hours to go...at this point, my mall location is the only one of 3 theaters I track selling preshow tickets for Nut Job 2 on Thursday (none at my locals - the mall is an AMC, the locals are Regal and Cinemark)...here are the current total "sales"...

0 seats sold vs almost 1200 seats available over 4 showings...if I'm this theater, I'd move this now to their smallest screen even if I'm the only one showing it, b/c obviously no one is rushing to see this sequel...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Last Deep Wang update for some time because of the movies not being worth it, and him going on vacation for a while.

• Annabelle has sold as much as Dark Tower did last week, and ahead of Conjuring 2
  • Nut Job is about a seventh of Emoji
  • Hitman's Bodyguard is ROTFLMAO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Last Deep Wang update for some time because of the movies not being worth it, and him going on vacation for a while.

• Annabelle has sold as much as Dark Tower did last week, and ahead of Conjuring 2
  • Nut Job is about a seventh of Emoji
  • Hitman's Bodyguard is ROTFLMAO

Good Lord, Annabelle might not do 20M.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Good Lord, Annabelle might not do 20M.

Do I understand correctly the post, it is selling ahead of Conjuring 2 and that did 40m OW (does the selling has much as Dark Tower is for dark tower complete week or just their respective monday sales ? does that mean the horror genre pre-sales less ? It is more of a date night/group activity I would imagine that it is walk up heavy).

No one buy a ticket that much in advance for a movie like Hitman, it must comparing very very small number together for a giant level of noise.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1