grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Well that's kind of what I mean. I don't expect it to open over BvS. It just says something about the state of things that JL is tracking for less.

That being said, at this point it shouldn't be about the box office. It's about the quality of their movies and they hit it out of the park with WW. I'm eagerly awaiting JL to see if they can put together a streak here. 

I find that tracking to be too low honestly. It would blow my mind if it opened to less than BVS

29 minutes ago, RRA said:

I find that tracking to be too low honestly. It would blow my mind if it opened to less than BVS

Why ?? After the beating/thrashing BvS took ... I guess WB would be happy with anything over $130M OW, then leg it out from there.

If it's greater than BvS than that's great .... .... hopefully ticket sales will pick up more comes Monday....

Edited by Subzero

2 hours ago, Subzero said:

Why ?? After the beating/thrashing BvS took ... I guess WB would be happy with anything over $130M OW, then leg it out from there.

If it's greater than BvS than that's great .... .... hopefully ticket sales will pick up more comes Monday....

Don’t tell me those initial JL reactions shook you that badly? They shouldn’t. 

3 minutes ago, RRA said:

Don’t tell me those initial JL reactions shook you that badly? They shouldn’t. 

LMAO no...although one have to be realistic ..Im hoping this will do over 200M+ OW, but expectations are just that. Either way how it gets there doesn't matter,  is the end result that count... also bolds well for future releases as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Subzero said:

LMAO no...although one have to be realistic ..Im hoping this will do over 200M+ OW, but expectations are just that. Either way how it gets there doesn't matter,  is the end result that count... also bolds well for future releases as well.

Then what’s the harm of predicting a bigger OW?

12 minutes ago, RRA said:

Then what’s the harm of predicting a bigger OW?

I have been watching the fandango pulse, movietickets and 3 of the theatre around my area ...the presales are good but it's not over the top.

Deep Wang said JL presales are close to 1/6 of TLJ ....  Hopefully it will get fast track coming Monday then will have a better picture but for now it looks like to me OW between $135-$160 OW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I have been watching the fandango pulse, movietickets and 3 of the theatre around my area ...the presales are good but it's not over the top.

Deep Wang said JL presales are close to 1/6 of TLJ ....  Hopefully it will get fast track coming Monday then will have a better picture but for now it looks like to me OW between $135-$160 OW.

Attaboy, that’s the spirit....-y.

1 hour ago, Subzero said:

Think about it like this ,If it’s 150mil and the (possible) tomato law applies then The Legs will be good.

150x2.8=420.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Think about it like this ,If it’s 150mil and the (possible) tomato law applies then The Legs will be good.

150x2.8=420.

I doubt even with Thanksgiving JL will have legs higher than a 2.65x.

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Screen loss. Disney is greedy af when it comes to Star Wars and CF with likely better reception had about a 2.7x with no SW movie.

This is JL , no other regular movie. Sorry all you opinions are baseless,  but maybe you going to eat you own words very soon 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

This is JL , no other regular movie. Sorry all you opinions are baseless,  but maybe you going to eat you own words very soon 

Star Wars is the event of the year. Perhaps I am wrong about JLs legs but Jedi will take a lot of attention away along with the wave of Christmas movies it’ll be hard for theaters to make room during the holidays but the first three weeks should be a breeze. Mockingjay 2 lost near $10M away from its final gross due to TFA. I’m thinking a $155M-$165M/$415M-$435M total. 

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

Now Thor:R will face JL and Coco, although Coco won't come close to $400m ...

Coco probably won’t be near $300M either. Still November is looking good so far. JL doing $400M, Thor doing $300M, Coco doing the $200M-$250M range, and a bunch of other mid range hits.