grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

My theatre split Deadpool and Book Club for this week, but I thought for sure Solo would be a goner. Then I looked back at the numbers for the past few weeks and, despite Solo opening terrible here (something like our equivalent of 67M) it’s been having drops in the mid-30’s. Maybe they’re thinking it could benefit even further from Incredibles spillover.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'd say the meltdowns would be epic, but I think pretty much everyone here except @Brainbug would be pleased with that lol. 

You thought wrong, I hope Pixar makes more good original stuff instead of sequels to their lesser movies, which I think The Incredibles is.

7 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

business should be picking up for Superfly on the west coast.  I sure hope it comes ahead of forecasts and makes 10m OD

10M TOMM? no way it'd be lucky to make that over the 3 day.

4 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

I don't feel like there is much else to hope for

lol yeah i feel you. I checked my theater today... only a couple tickets sold for superfly. I wonder why they decided to release it today instead?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YLF said:

lol yeah i feel you. I checked my theater today... only a couple tickets sold for superfly. I wonder why they decided to release it today instead?

Beirut opened on a Wednesday and I don't think anyone even knew.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=beirut.htm

I don't think it had any effect on the other movies while AQP stayed at #1 that Wednesday.  I don't think there will be any overwhelming #s for Superfly, but I don't see how this hurt by putting it out today.  Seems like it should go for mediocre walkup #s and place 5th above IW for Weds...

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-8 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

16.59%

Total Seats Sold Today:              94

.2229x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 8 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5411x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 8 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales) 

.5813x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  8 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) 

.5142x as many tickets sold as Solo 8 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tower said:

You thought wrong, I hope Pixar makes more good original stuff instead of sequels to their lesser movies, which I think The Incredibles is.

So you're saying you don't want to see a sequel in its second weekend beat a sequel in its first weekend because it's a sequel? :kitschjob:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2