grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

4 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Ummm. Woah.   

This seems like a great PS hold, the PSm should rise more than 10% easy… 👀   

Could we squeeze in some Mon alpha tonight @ZackM ?

Yea I have no metric to estimate how much more walk-up friendly it will be than Sunday. Since I can't count my theaters numbers AFTER the day has ended, we can't tell how many it added today to see the growth rate. If it was 30% more today over my Saturday night count, I'd imagine 40-45% more tomorrow. If that's the case, we'd be looking at $37-39M (just a "for instance"). 

Edited by GoblinXXR

6 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Yea I have no metric to estimate how much more walk-up friendly it will be than Sunday. Since I can't count my theaters numbers AFTER the day has ended, we can't tell how many it added today to see the growth rate. If it was 30% more today over my Saturday night count, I'd imagine 40-45% more tomorrow. If that's the case, we'd be looking at $37-39M (just a "for instance"). 

Actually looks like TROS just saw 10% PSm rise. Was deeper into the holidays, maybe 15-20% for NWH? Curious for your thoughts @charlie Jatinder

On 12/18/2021 at 11:24 PM, Eric Osborn said:

The Matrix: Resurrections Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-4 and Counting

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 69 1,742 11627 14.98%

Total Seats Sold Today: 97

Comp

0.807x of Godzilla vs. Kong T-4 (7.83M)

2.875x of The Suicide Squad T-4 (11.79M)

1.486x of Dune T-4 (7.58M)

The Matrix: Resurrections Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 and Counting

TOTALS 0 74 1,957 13398 14.61%

Total Shows Added Today: 5

Total Seats Added Today: 1,771

Total Seats Sold Today: 215

Comp

0.748x of Godzilla vs. Kong T-3 (7.26M)

2.641x of The Suicide Squad T-3 (10.83M)

1.493x of Dune T-3 (7.61M)

Yeah this is boned. Mickey's Law is really, truly an awful, horrible beast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

23 hours ago, Eric Osborn said:

Sing 2 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-4 and Counting

TOTALS 1 91 2238 15698 14.26%

Total Seats Sold Today: 45

Total Seats WITHOUT EARLY ACCESS: 830

Comp (WITHOUT Early Access)

2.054x of Cruella Thu+Fri T-4 (15.83M)

5.570x of Jungle Cruise T-4 (15.04M)

5.764x of Encanto T-4 (8.65M)

Sing 2 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 and Counting

TOTALS 1 93 2401 15871 15.13%

Total Shows Added Today: 2

Total Seats Added Today: 173

Total Seats Sold Today: 163

Total Seats WITHOUT EARLY ACCESS: 993

Comp (WITHOUT Early Access)

1.966x of Cruella Thu+Fri T-3 (15.16M)

5.547x of Jungle Cruise T-3 (14.98M)

5.876x of Encanto T-3 (8.81M)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Comp

0.748x of Godzilla vs. Kong T-3 (7.26M)

2.641x of The Suicide Squad T-3 (10.83M)

1.493x of Dune T-3 (7.61M)

Yeah this is boned. Mickey's Law is really, truly an awful, horrible beast.

I keep forgetting this is an OD comp. 

O/U $30M 5 Day? 

23 hours ago, Eric Osborn said:

Scream Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-26 and Counting

TOTALS 0 27 135 6254 2.16%

Total Shows Added Today: 4

Total Seats Added Today: 1,147

Total Seats Sold Today: 60

Scream Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-25 and Counting

TOTALS 0 27 163 6254 2.61%

Total Seats Sold Today: 28

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Just now, GoblinXXR said:

Industry people are saying it's not very good . Probably a 30-40 RT type film. Says nothing of what audience reaction will be of course, but it doesn't bode well.

IMO it's been obvious for a while that WB was using it as a sacrificial lamb for HBO Max as the last movie in that deal. The movie was still being made when they made the announcement (unlike the majority of the movies, which were sitting on the shelf finished because they would've been out last year in a non-pandemic world, they released under the 2021 hybrid deal) so if they had any faith in it they likely would've delayed it to a date where it wouldn't be so clearly overshadowed.

4 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Industry people are saying it's not very good . Probably a 30-40 RT type film. Says nothing of what audience reaction will be of course, but it doesn't bode well.

Which industry people lol? This should at least end up over 50% on RT because of top critics like Sims and Ehrlich liking it.

Reactions to the Matrix have been a bit divisive but it is cosigned strongly by a bunch of tough, top critics? It's probably gonna end up fresh. Also, every number in this thread except Eric's has it converging on around 9-11 for the opening day which would put it above 35 5 day. It's obviously going to disappoint and get trounced by Spidey but if you read the last few posts you'd think it was going to be a horribly reviewed bomb with no HBO Max viewers that didn't make it to 50m total.

• Like 4

Remember when I said that theaters had to commit to holding West Side Story on a full schedule through Jan. 6th?

Uh..... yeah.  Disney is going to eat a shit sandwich on it in the morning.  At best it will be put on a screen with Encanto.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Remember when I said that theaters had to commit to holding West Side Story on a full schedule through Jan. 6th?

Uh..... yeah.  Disney is going to eat a shit sandwich on it in the morning.  At best it will be put on a screen with Encanto.  

I thought this might be the case. I remember you mentioned something like the theaters owing them 70% of WSS take (I don't recall the exact details) but in my head I was like, "If the numbers are bad enough they would probably just take that hit because they can make enough elsewhere to cover the difference."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Viva screen flexibility :hahaha: