grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Tele Law - If Tele is stanning for a movie, just know that the film's days become numbered after that.  If he stans for a movie, it will fail at the box office (only in 0.1% of cases does the opposite happen).  Vice versa.

If he dislikes a movie, it is probably really good. If he likes it, it is probably really bad.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Beautiful. 

It can only be called up in the 2nd weekend or 3rd weekend of a movie, depending on each case (example: if someone used the POPCORN LAW on the 2nd weekend of Pets it would look pretty dumb later).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

Yes, but there are always the examples like Alien and It Comes at Night. Two movies with great RT scores that had good ODs but dived after that because of toxic WOM (which is reflected on the Audience Score on those sites).

Yeah, I think people are going a bit to crazy on the strength of RT for its predictive value.  I think reviews play a factor and can help or hurt a movie, but people are acting like it's the sole thing causing movies to sink or swim.

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

That One Guy Law - If That One Guy is stanning for a movie, just know that the film's days become numbered after that.  If he stans for a movie, it will fail at the box office (only in 0.1% of cases does the opposite happen).  Vice versa.

Ftfy

4 minutes ago, nomyth said:

I know it's the middle of the night but the top 5 on Pulse just got more interesting.

1. DM3

2. BD

3. SMH

4. WW

5. DM3 3D

Certainly seems like a positive sign for SpiderMan.

meh... it i doubt it will show up again until next week.  Spur of the moment holidays should get people buying tickets of their phone for The House.  I am surprised an animated film for 3D made the top 5 though.  Shows traffic must be slow right now.