grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

MT:

DM3 31.7

SMH 14.3

BD 12.7

WW 10.2

TF5 6.4

Pulse top 5, Dunkirk popping up on Pulse as well since 70mm tickets went on sale today

• dm3_adv1sheet_rgb_5.jpgDespicable Me 3
    Rel. date Jun 30
  • sog_dom_online_tsr_1sht_aoj.jpgSpider-Man Homecoming
    Rel. date Jul 7
  • wonderwoman-posterart.jpgWonder Woman
    Rel. date Jun 2
  • bd_dom_online_1sht_tsr_02.jpgBaby Driver
    Rel. date Jun 28
  • dm3_adv1sheet_rgb_5.jpgDespicable Me 3 3D
    Rel. date Jun 30

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2017/07/spider-man-homecoming-100m-plus-domestic-box-office-opening-1202123909/

On the low end in 4,341 theaters, industry estimates figure that Homecoming can make as little as $90M, while more aggressive estimates are at $120M-plus. Sony sees $80M+, but that’s considered too conservative even in a franchise fatigued marketplace.

Demo-wise, analysts say Homecoming looks a lot like Iron Man 3. The film is trending best with males under 25 first, then the over 25 bunch.

42 minutes ago, Lake said:

Let me be amused that Deadline literally posted a range from $80M-$120M+...and then just put $100M+ at the top of the headline...this is Deadline speak for "we have absolutely no clue, so we'll put every number and every range we can find!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Are Apes tix available to order? Not seeing any movement whatsoever

They have a well known atom special for T-Mobile next week for $4/ticket...which is better than the current Atom BOGO deal...so people may be waiting to see if they can snare the $4 tickets before doing a BOGO deal...

But, I am very cautious on Apes box office after the fall of the non-super franchises this summer...no matter how good it is...

Although it's also got a free ticket with gift card deal at a national restaurant chain (Pirates had this one, too), so they are offering cheap and free tickets every way they can think of to buff their opening it seems...I think it will help!:)

Edited by TwoMisfits

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Are Apes tix available to order? Not seeing any movement whatsoever

Yes they are. A source says tickets are on par with Pirates and higher than Alien.

• Like 1

Hey guys, checking in really quick because I know I said I'd get this done earlier in the week for you but I got worked up with getting ready for school, my trip and the Fourth of July. But I got some time today so I'm gonna update you guys for the SMH showtimes in Philadelphia and South Jersey area (not all of South Jersey but theaters that Philadelphia folks frequent). Also NOTE sell outs are considered all seats sold except for the front row. 

Total Showtimes for the weekend including 2D, 3D and IMAX is 600.

2D showtimes make up 348 

3D showtimes make up 209 

Imax showtimes make up 43 

Total Sell Outs: 28 

2D sell outs make up 21 

3D sellouts make up 5 

Imax sellouts up 2 

*There are also quite a few near sell outs. I'm sure if I did this update tomorrow, they would be considered sell outs. I did mark them and if I have the time, I will check them tomorrow morning/afternoon to see if they make sell outs or not and update you guys. 

I will say what I said last time but based on the showtimes/sell outs in this area, SMH is selling on par with SS but has fallen behind GOTG2 (not by much) and is ahead of WW by a comfy margin. 

And now im out again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

It's still WAY behind the bigger Marvel openers.

Well I'm not surprised. I think although I'm seeing $100M-$110M OW, Iron Man although a draw and his appearance in CW helped, Spider-Man has had 3 bad/mixed movies in a row to the GA. I think OW may be deflated due to having 3 bad/mixed Spider-Man movies in a row to the GA but have strong legs. Kind of like Wonder Woman in a way except Spidey won't have 3.2x+ legs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

48 hours to showtime...

1st local 2 screens, 4 showings (2 2d, 2 3d)

2d 125 seats/screen 102/125 and 90/125 for 192/250 sold

3d 170 seats/screen 75/170 and 10/170 for 85/340 sold

2nd local 2 screens, 4 showings (2 2d, 2 3d)

2d 185 seats/screen 137/185 and 1/185 for 138/370

3d 110 seats/screen 31/110 and 3/110 for 34/220

The mall has 4 screens and tons of showings...I'll try to grab them in a later update to this email when fireworks are not calling...

24 hours to showtime

1st local 2d 207/250 sold (pretty much only front row and singles left for both shows)

1st local 3d 111/340 sold

2nd local 2d 157/370 sold

2nd local 3d 49/220 sold

Not too much movement today for Thursday shows, although still selling...