grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Regal is running a See 4 Own 4 for Lionsgate movies: The Spy Who Dumped Me, A Simple Favor, Hell Fest, and Robin Hood. Kin isn't in there 🤔

They did one last year too. Kin is opening on Labor Day weekend so that should give all the indication as to how well they think it will do.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They did one last year too. Kin is opening on Labor Day weekend so that should give all the indication as to how well they think it will do.

Still, normally studios don't skip over releases with these promos. Off the top of my head, these were the last few Regal has done:

Universal: Truth or Dare, Breaking In, The First Purge, Halloween (all thriller/horror films)

Lionsgate: The Hitman's Bodyguard, American Assassin, Boo 2!, and Jigsaw (their next four live action films)

Paramount: mother!, Suburbicon, Daddy's Home 2, Downsizing (their remaining films for 2017)

Sony: Rough Night, Baby Driver, Spider-Man, The Dark Tower (live action summer releases)

Skipping over Kin either means they're going delay it, they don't give a fuck about it, or both 🤔

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Still, normally studios don't skip over releases with these promos. Off the top of my head, these were the last few Regal has done:

Universal: Truth or Dare, Breaking In, The First Purge, Halloween (all thriller/horror films)

Lionsgate: The Hitman's Bodyguard, American Assassin, Boo 2!, and Jigsaw (their next four live action films)

Paramount: mother!, Suburbicon, Daddy's Home 2, Downsizing (their remaining films for 2017)

Sony: Rough Night, Baby Driver, Spider-Man, The Dark Tower (live action summer releases)

Skipping over Kin either means they're going delay it, they don't give a fuck about it, or both 🤔

Ding ding ding!

> NEW RELEASES
1 - Disney's Christopher Robin Buena Vista 3,602 - - 1
2 - The Darkest Minds Fox 3,127 - - 1
3 - The Spy Who Dumped Me Lionsgate 3,000 - - 1
5 - Death of a Nation Quality Flix 1,002 - - 1
6 98 Rendezvous in July (2018 re-release) Rialto 2 - - 1
> EXPANDING
4 25 Eighth Grade A24 1,080 +922 +583.5% 4
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, That One Guy said:

updating with new theaters:

Regal Hunt Valley Stadium 12:

New: Christopher Robin, Spy Who Dumped Me, 8th Grade, Darkest Minds

Leaving: Skyscraper, Summer Vacation, Dark Web

Staying: Fallout, Teen Titans, Mamma Mia 2, Equalizer 2, Ant-Man 2, Won't You Be My Neighbor, Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2

Cinemark Towson and XD:

New: Christopher Robin, Spy Who Dumped Me, Darkest Minds

Leaving: Sicario 2, First Purge, Dark Web

Staying: Blindspotting, Fallout, Teen Titans, Mamma Mia 2, Equalizer 2, Summer Vacation, Skyscraper, Ant-Man 2, Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2

AMC White Marsh 16:

New: Christopher Robin, Spy Who Dumped Me, Darkest Minds

Leaving: Sicario 2, Dark Web

Staying: Blindspotting, Fallout, Teen Titans, Mamma Mia 2, Equalizer 2, Summer Vacation, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, Ant-Man 2, First Purge, Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2

Cinebistro at the Rotunda (it's a 21 and over theater to explain the absence of Christopher Robin):

New: Spy Who Dumped Me

Leaving: Sorry to Bother You

Staying: Blindspotting, Fallout, Mamma Mia 2, Equalizer 2

Still waiting on AMC Owings Mills and AMC Security Square

AMC Owings Mills 17:

New: Christopher Robin, 8th Grade, Darkest Minds, Spy Who Dumped Me, Death of a Nation

Leaving: Dark Web, Fallen Kingdom, Sicario 2, Skyscraper, Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms

Staying: Blindspotting, Fallout, Teen Titans, Mamma Mia 2, Equalizer 2, Summer Vacation, Sorry to Bother You, Ant-Man 2, First Purge, Uncle Drew, Incredibles 2

AMC Security Square 8:

New: Christopher Robin, Darkest Minds, Spy Who Dumped Me

Leaving: Incredibles 2, Uncle Drew, First Purge, Ant-Man 2

Staying: Fallout, Teen Titans, Equalizer 2, Summer Vacation

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP thinks TDM can go as low as 5M this weekend :hahaha:

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

We have come a long way from Twilight and The Hunger Games.

No surprise. There's no buzz. Marketing seems inexistent.

Just looked at the trailer, do seem to have a narrow band for the target audience age, the twilight, divergent, hunger games played close to 50-50 above and under 25, even 50-50 gender split for HG by the end of the franchise.

That look like it would play quite longer and that can be thought, even when a movie is Love Simon good it can be hard, seem to have been budgeted on consequence.

45 minutes ago, Litio said:

No surprise. There's no buzz. Marketing seems inexistent.

yeah seems like a studio dump, i have not seen any marketing---luckily it only cost 34m.

Edited by babz06
  • Thanks 1

Will "Death of a Nation" overperform?  Donald Trump Jr. is doing promotion for this film....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pro-trump-death-a-nation-is-first-political-doc-bow-nationwide-10-years-1131377

Death of a Nation, a screed against Democrats, has powerful allies that can spread the word on social media. On Tuesday, Donald Trump Jr. told his 2.93 million Twitter followers that he and D'Souza — whom President Trump recently pardoned for violating campaign finance laws — are co-hosting the film's Washington premiere on Wednesday night. (So far, there's no word if the president himself will show up at the event.)

"Excited to cohost the DC red carpet premiere of ⁦@DineshDSouza⁩ new movie Death of a Nation tomorrow. It's going to fire up Republicans for the midterms exploring how fascism so closely links to the platform of the progressive left today. WATCH IT!," Trump Jr. tweeted in addition to linking a trailer of the film.

58 minutes ago, John2015 said:

Will "Death of a Nation" overperform?  Donald Trump Jr. is doing promotion for this film....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pro-trump-death-a-nation-is-first-political-doc-bow-nationwide-10-years-1131377

Death of a Nation, a screed against Democrats, has powerful allies that can spread the word on social media. On Tuesday, Donald Trump Jr. told his 2.93 million Twitter followers that he and D'Souza — whom President Trump recently pardoned for violating campaign finance laws — are co-hosting the film's Washington premiere on Wednesday night. (So far, there's no word if the president himself will show up at the event.)

"Excited to cohost the DC red carpet premiere of ⁦@DineshDSouza⁩ new movie Death of a Nation tomorrow. It's going to fire up Republicans for the midterms exploring how fascism so closely links to the platform of the progressive left today. WATCH IT!," Trump Jr. tweeted in addition to linking a trailer of the film.

Idk if it can overperform and do something like 5M, but I don’t see it going below 4M