grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

North Shore Cinema update 

Smallfoot, at 2 hours before previews is at 28 tickets. No comps available.

Night School, at 5 hours before previews is at 110 tickets. No comps available.

Obvious Night School is doing fantastic and Smallfoot is doing all right but putting in the PLF screen might hurt previews.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Pulse is/was available for me again :).

5 minutes of counting 5 hours ago:
Smallfoot: 66 - House With a Clock had 84 same day and time of the day, Christopher Robin 97,
Night School: 61 – to that time I thought that despite probably having many walk ups the reviews could indeed hurt it (a little bit), still that was in front of The Happytime Murders which had 48 sold tickets and that was earlier in the day which was the more favorable date,
Hell Fest: 18.

And at the moment:
Night School: 106 - The Happytime Murders had 51 sold tickets same day and daytime so now its far in front,
Smallfoot: 63 - The House With a Clock had 78, Christopher Robin 87 both same day and time of the day, both comparisons could point to low 20s,

Hell Fest: again 18.

And MT:
#1 My Hero Academia 16.8%
#2 Smallfoot 11.9%
#3 Night School 10.3%

#4 House With a Clock 7.7%
#5 A Simple Favor 5.7%

Edited by el sid
  • Like 2

Smallfoot

North Shore Cinema 

9/27/18

4:00 - 2/301 - USCR 

7:15 - 

9:00 - 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
Will update continuously throughout the day
  • Like 1

Hell Fest 14 1325 1.06%
Night School 432 2376 18.18%
Smallfoot 182 2074 8.78%

Hell Fest comps:

24% of Happy Death Day (6.2M)

18% of Insidious 4 (5.3M)

42% of Winchester (3.9M)

21% of Strangers 2 (2.2M)

8% of A Quiet Place (3.8M)

LOL. Probably Happy Death Day is the best comp, since both are originals that came out in the fall.

Night School comps:

163% of Bad Moms 2 (27.4M)

174% of Daddy's Home 2 (51.6M)

259% of Pitch Perfect 3 (51.6M)

277% of Life of the Party (49.5M)

280% of Uncle Drew (42.7M)

Seems amazing, but my theater is biased towards films like these, so don't expect these 50M+ projections. Still feel confident in the $30M range though.

Smallfoot comps:

249% of My Little Pony (22.1M)

51% of Coco (25.9M)

140% of Ferdinand (18.8M)

54% of Peter Rabbit (13.4M)

177% of Sherlock Gnomes (18.7M)

48% of Hotel Transylvania 3 (21.1M)

51% of Christopher Robin (12.5M)

80% of House w/ Clock (21.2M)

I had class when the 4PM show started, but around three hours before it started, it didn't have any tickets sold, and I doubt it had a large number of tickets sold when the time came.

Anyway, I've been predicting low 20s all week, and these comps largely match up with that idea.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 5

MT at the moment:

#1 Smallfoot 16.8%
#2 Night School 15.4%

#3 My Hero Academia 11.1%
#4 The House With a Clock 6.1%
#5 A Simple Favor 5.7%

5 minutes of Pulse three hours ago:
Night School: 119 - no exact comps here
Smallfoot: 88 - The House With a Clock had 122 , Christopher Robin 133, both same day and time of the day

And 5 minutes of Pulse one hour ago:
Night School: 132 - The Happytime Murders had 55
Smallfoot: 89 - The House With a Clock had 147 same day and daytime

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

So Oscar nomination for Jackman?

That nomination for Denzel still pisses me off... Such a waste of a nomination for a movie literally no one cared about. Could've gone Franco for Disaster Artist, Bale for Hostiles, or even Hanks for The Post... There were even others I thought were more deserving like Pattinson in Good time and Renner in Wind River, though I knew those weren't gonna have a chance

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

That nomination for Denzel still pisses me off... Such a waste of a nomination for a movie literally no one cared about. Could've gone Franco for Disaster Artist, Bale for Hostiles, or even Hanks for The Post... There were even others I thought were more deserving like Pattinson in Good time and Renner in Wind River, though I knew those weren't gonna have a chance

Denzel was the second best nominee in that category last year soooooooooo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP confirms The Front Runner doesn't go wide until Thanksgiving. It's getting Roman Israel'd.

That was confirmed when it had its date set months ago though. It's getting an expansion to other metropolitan areas on the 16th and then going wide on Thanksgiving the weekend after.

The reviews are decent (better than Roman J. Israel, Esq.'s were after TIFF initially) but without major awards buzz, I doubt it's gonna make a dent either way. Politically-themed movies are tough sells these days when politics completely dominate the daily news cycle.

Edited by filmlover