grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Since some users asked for these specific Baby Driver comps, all movies are 4 days out so it's apples to apples now

Baby Driver is currently:

- Equal to Wimpy Kid 4 days out

- 75% of Snatched

- 40% of Baywatch 

- No comp exists for The Nice Guys

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hopefully the wom explodes for Baby Driver to outdo all of those. I mean, fucking seriously if it doesn't? We're just gonna let good movies do less than Baywatch and Snatched? Ugh.

Exactly. Its presales are half of Chips (which opened had a $2.5M OD); yet, it's equal to Diary Wimpy 4 (which had a $2M OD). Hoping buzz will surge the next couple of days.

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

Someday people will realize the Wright's stuff doesn't appeal to the masses.... We are film nerds not the GA.

That being said, I hope it breaks out but nothing is showing it will yet.

I think everyone know this, even Sony when greenligthing it did it mostly to get loyalty from Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish, to have them develop and work on more commercial projects, being happy if end up only loosing a little.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The House is probably opening to something disastrous at this point. Sub-5M won't surprise me tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it's going that low but I think it's definitely doing less than Snatched or Baywatch. I'm predicting a $12M opening FWIW.

If Baby Driver can break $20M for the 5-day, I imagine Sony will be very happy. Pretty sure this will have more appeal than Scott Pilgrim (which always looked like it was made for the Comic Con crowd and nobody else).

Marcus North Shore Cinema 

Baby Driver 

6/27/17 (3 days before previews)

7:00 - 45/105

9:45 - 3/105

48/210 - 22.8% of tickets sold (Baywatch had 10.6% of its tickets sold (64/602) with just Ultrascreen on opening Wednesday)

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Baby Driver has been such a tough one to crack comp-wise. Now You See Me feels the most appropriate, but even then I sense that had more immediate appeal (despite its legs) than what I think will be a slow burn run for BD.

Hopefully.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, YourMother said:

@TalismanRing any NYC presales updates for Homecoming?

I can't check right now, for some reason Fandango's seating charts keep coming up blank for me.  Last I looked a few days ago SM had a couple of near sellouts and as of today it has 149 schedule showings which is ahead of where WW was 2 weeks out. 

The earliest dates I have for # of showings for WW & SS is the Saturday before opening

WW:  (5/27/17) - -161 showings

SS:   (7/30/16)  - 197 showings

CW:  (4/30/18)  - 271 showings

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Presale comps

DM3 about 50% ahead of Pets

Spider-Man pretty much in lockstep with Wonder Woman

Baby Driver half of Chips

The House - :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hold my drink, I'm about to create that new club.

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

First Valerian, and now Baby Driver.

Are you just looking at my stan list and making clubs that go against them :kitschjob: 

This was more to irk @WrathOfHan. I didn't know you were stanning for Baby Driver.

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

First Valerian, and now Baby Driver.

Are you just looking at my stan list and making clubs that go against them :kitschjob: 

He did the same for me with Lego Batman and Lego Ninjago.

• Like 1