That One Girl

Tulip Fever | September 1, 2017 | Weinstein | Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne star

Gotta say, I'm intrigued by the trailer.  Probably won't be a big hit, but it does look interesting and intriguing.  Might be good counter summer programming.

Terrific cast as well.

In my summer game notes, I put it at 2,250 theaters opening week for $4,000 PSA.  9.00 Opening weekend + Previews for 35M total.  The main competition will be All Saints from Sony/Columbia which I have coming in higher than Tulip Fever.  Crown Heights got added, but it is distributed by IFC and is an Amazon Studios feature.  Expect a limited rollout for that.

Just now, Matrix4You said:

In my summer game notes, I put it at 2,250 theaters opening week for $4,000 PSA.  9.00 Opening weekend + Previews for 35M total.  The main competition will be All Saints from Sony/Columbia which I have coming in higher than Tulip Fever.  Crown Heights got added, but it is distributed by IFC and is an Amazon Studios feature.  Expect a limited rollout for that.

This won't even make $2M if it actually gets released.

3 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

I doubt it will get a wide release. 

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

How bad can the actual film be though?

I don't think it's awful. At worst it's boring and badly edited. I bet it has been re-edited a million times-in the best Weinstein's fashion possible.

Some reactions here:

https://letterboxd.com/film/tulip-fever/reviews/by/activity/

Another person who watched it two years ago said that she liked it but it was tonally weird. 

• Like 3

Dane DeHaan...Boy i thought he had it in him to be a future star but nah...Killing it with wrong choices. Has yet to surpass his acting in Chronicle. Say whatever you want about Trank but the guy extracted the best out of DeHaan...Maybe DeHaan needs Trank back in his life..Or Trank needs DeHaan? Confused.

Dehaan will be fine. How can you say that he has made bad choices so far? I mean he worked with Gore verbinski in a film that tanked. I'm sure there's many people that would like to work with Gore verbinski. And then you get into a film that has Judi Dench and an All-Star cast and you call that a poor choice? I don't think it's a poor choice I think it has more to do with behind the scenes.