MuffinMan

Mamma! Mia: Here! We! Go! Again! | July 20, 2018 | Universal | Ol Parker to write and direct | Greatest Title of All Time? Yes.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

@That One Guy - another spoiler question.  Is it true that

Hide contents

this film doesn't make any reference to Colin Firth's Harry being gay as the first obviously indicates?  I read that in one film complaint but no review has mentioned it

Spoiler
Spoiler

There's a few subtle references to it.  Nothing overtly stating that he's gay but it's not hard to tell

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

@That One Guy

Hide contents

How does Donna react to finding out she's pregnant? and does she meet Bill's Great Aunt Sofia who I think took her in

Spoiler
Spoiler

There really isn't much spent on her reaction to becoming pregnant, we see some shots of her being pregnant and then we see her giving birth, intercut between that and Seyfried singing I've Been Waiting For You with Walters/Baranski.  we're told that she's being brave about the whole situation.

Great Aunt Sofia is never shown

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

@That One Guy

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

yes.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

@That One Guy

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

there's no such thing as objective good.  you should know this by now.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

My grandmother is also going to see Mamma Mia with me.  That’s the best kind of party 

That's great - and why I think that Mama Mia is also a family movie, just not in the traditional sense of parents with young kids.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

why does everything have to be about Marvel lmfao

It's a good career move assuming the role isn't thankless. She'll do blokcbusters so why not with the best in the business? 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

She'll do blokcbusters 

Well she already did, getting released next weekend.

Has for the good career move, 20 movies in, for how many actress was it particularly a good career move to get involved in those outside Johansson ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Is that character good?

@Barnack It didn't hurt Lizzie, Zoe, Tessa, Cate, etc.

Does not tend to hurt no (while outside of some freak schedule complication event), but huge budget franchise filled with actions track record to be good for a career is not that impressive, from the last 20 year's of Transformer, Lords of the Rings / Hobbit, Pirates, X-Mens, Potter, Bond, Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, MCU/DCEU,  the Spider Mans, Bourne, well I imagine a semi long list I forget.

Would not be that easy to name 5 actress for who it was such the good career move, Watson, Johansson, Gadot for sure, must have been for Knightley also I would imagine.

But not so sure go make those instead of a good director movie if that ever option if front of them is necessarily that good of an career move.