Guardians

Aliens

Wonder Woman

Despicable Me

Spider-man

Apes

Valerian

That's more than the typical summer. 

I got thread-banned for a lesser offense than this.

-_-

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

The 2D POTC is ending with 106/124 and 3D with 45/78 at my theater. Not bad considering the former is basically the front row and wheelchairs remaining.

Your screens are so tiny. The tiniest screen in the theater I usually go has 140 seats.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We should give Baywatch this: whatever it ends up with, it'll be entirely thanks to Dwayne Johnson. With Efron and anyone else in The Rock's place, it would likely be looking at CHiPs numbers at best.

In Efron's defense, he's way more popular than Dax Sheppard and is coming off of The Neighbors success. Dirty Grandpa didn't too bad either especially given the reviews it got. Depending on how much Baywatch does make, I don't think you can say that it's all Dwayne Johnson even though there is no question about it that's he's the bigger star and this is his show. 

But then the question is does Efron even sign up for this without Johnson/does this get made without Johnson? 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Recliners. Their space.

Heh but still. There is a theater that they renewed with recliners, and the number of seats on it went from 365 to 315. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Recliners. Their space.

North Shore Cinema's Ultrascreen (PLF) has an auditorium size of 301 seats, all of which recliners.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

In Efron's defense, he's way more popular than Dax Sheppard and is coming off of The Neighbors success. Dirty Grandpa didn't too bad either especially given the reviews it got. Depending on how much Baywatch does make, I don't think you can say that it's all Dwayne Johnson even though there is no question about it that's he's the bigger star and this is his show. 

But then the question is does Efron even sign up for this without Johnson/does this get made without Johnson? 

Neighbors was three years ago. Its sequel last year dropped by nearly 2/3 from its predecessor and has also headlined a 2K+ theater/studio release that made sub-$5M in total (We Are Your Friends) since then.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Neighbors was three years ago. Its sequel last year dropped by nearly 2/3 from its predecessor and has also headlined a 2K+ theater/studio release that made sub-$5M in total (We Are Your Friends) since then.

But it was still considered a success, no? Especially considering that it wasn't even that good. Also don't forget that comedy film he was in last summer. It didn't do that bad either. Regardless, my whole point in all of it was that I really don't think Baywatch would be another Chips because I don't consider Zac Efron and Dax Sheppard to be on the same level. I think it could have still opened to like $18M for the 3-day with Efron and some other dude. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

Baywatch was bad as fuck.  Don't waste your time.

Well unless you want to watch Daddario and Rohrbach being sexy as fuck.

Who wouldn't?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I LOVE the voice text functionality of your phone. It is a fucking blessing. 

Apparently Samsung is racist. :WHATanabe:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

But.. But.. It has sweaty men with rock hard abs and oiled down chicks with big tits running down the beach.. I thought Baumer mentioned this was the recipe for a successful Memorial Day Weekend movie???

:sparta:I actually think this won't perform any better than the last TV show to hit the silver screen, that was CHIPS.. 

Chips previewed to $500K on a Thursday - Baywatch was 2.5 times that on a Wednesday...it's already performing much better...

• Like 1

I think the fact places like Fandango aren't commenting on Pirates 5's sales in comparison to other movies (including the franchise's previous installments) is pretty telling of the kind of Memorial Day weekend that is in store.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, That One Valerian said:

I have to root for Baywatch even though I didn't like it.  I put down...

150M in my summer game.

:sparta: 

Still at least you didn't put in $160M for a certain film that audiences didn't like. :redcapes:

• Like 1