Nova

Wednesday #s: Baywatch 1.25M in previews

I think we'll have to wait until Friday estimates come in to get a good read on Baywatch. There was never much hype for it as far as being an opening day on a Thursday release was concerned (the terrible reviews no doubt tampered enthusiasm as well in that regard but we'll have to wait until the weekend to get a full assessment of the damage).

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

He needs to change the direction of his career ASAP. And perhaps lay off the steroids.

His abs in the film are so big and unusually buffed up, they practically look terrifying. 

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

His abs in the film are so big and unusually buffed up, they practically look terrifying. 

I don't think I wanna know what he's gonna look like in 10 years when he'll be about to turn 40 if he maintains his body in that manner.

3 hours ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Is there a chance GOTG2 beats Baywatch this weekend?

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

I don't see how.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I don't think I wanna know what he's gonna look like in 10 years when he'll be about to turn 40 if he maintains his body in that manner.

He'll look terrific.  

I'm far from a physical specimen but there's all kinds of examples of people keeping their physique for their whole life.  I mean, is this what you are criticizing Efron for now?  Having too good of a body?

16 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

I wouldn't call 3-day 20M a max for GOTG2 especially since 40% 4th weekend drop isn't exactly extraordinary now is it?

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

Last year civil war had 53% drop coming of 55% drop in third weekend.

I think gotg will be around 46% mark.

Also how bad you think baywatch will do this weekend?

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Something tells he's gonna look a bit unusually flabby if he keeps up the daily training routine like he did for Baywatch. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm far from a physical specimen but there's all kinds of examples of people keeping their physique for their whole life.  I mean, is this what you are criticizing Efron for now?  Having too good of a body?

It's not that he has a good body (which he does). It's that he's become so muscular over the past few years that the disconnect between his body and his boyish face is jarring. It just doesn't look right.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Actor often do like bodybuilder preparation for their competition for their shirtless scene, don't eat or drink much going in those days of shoot (Pratt did a video showing what he was eating, it was ridiculous), they do some weight lighting just before and between takes. They are looking differently during those day of the shoot than day to day normal.

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Something tells he's gonna look a bit unusually flabby if he keeps up the daily training routine like he did for Baywatch. 

Stallone:  1985:

Image result for stallone Rocky II body

Stallone:  2006:

Image result for sylvester stallone rocky balboa

Why would Efron look flabby?  

These kinds of comments are really strange.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Actor often do like bodybuilder preparation for their competition for their shirtless scene, don't eat or drink much going in those days of shoot (Pratt did a video showing what he was eating, it was ridiculous), they do some weight lighting just before and between takes. They are looking differently during those day of the shoot than day to day normal.

Case in point: Hugh Jackman in The Wolverine.  He looks fucking massive in that movie.