Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

You saying TDK isn't tied with Logan?

Image result for wolverine middle finger gif

lol Logan is great, I guess I just need to give it time and marinate before possibly adding it to my top 5 (which is currently TDK, BB, SM2, IM1 and SM)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Apoc had less competition this w/e and more the next with 3 openers doing a total of $86m - and it dropped 56.6%

In APOC's 3rd weekend even though it faced a big 86+ combined from those 3 openers, the holdovers were small.

For Pirates, WONDR womman gonna be a big holdover. WONDR 2nd weekend + Mummy OW could be 75-85 combined.

So gonna fall big again imo. Even if it does not fall 56% like APOC...thinking low 50s at least.

I need WW to do exactly 105 for derby purposes and that number just got closer. 

With this new number it can do 100.6 OW if it follows gotg2's saturday and sunday drops. If this number holds or increases then it will be far closer to 100 than 94-95 which is what the previous number was indicating. 

As expected that weekend number for gotg2 was too good to be true. 9.5 is more closer to my 10 million expectation. Still hoping that it is being underestimated as it has been for pretty much every weekend. 

That baywatch number is brutal and the pirates number ain't any better. 

The numbers so far bode well for my derby relative to average predictions

Edited by ZeeSoh

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Jackson gets a lifetime pass for LOTR, no other director has took up such a massive undertaking and pulled it off so well when it could've easily been a monumental disaster.  Dude could make 10 more Lovely Bones turds for all I care.

That's not true. Cameron did with Titanic. Cameron probably endured even more doubts and negativity. ( I know you probably dont like Titanic, but personal taste is not what we're talking about here.)

Also, nothing gives you a lifetime pass in Hollywood. You might be personally willing to watch 10 turds from Jackson after LOTR, but Hollywood won't give him the chance in the first place. Hell, Cameron had to find the investors to pay for the other half of Avatar's budget even after making the highest grossing film of all time for Fox. That's how cheap these studios are.

• Like 3

Efron is damn lucky he was in the first Neighbors or else he might be struggling for work at this point. Take that out and it's a long line of flops for him ever since 17 Again. I certainly hope he's not still commanding a high paycheck, cause any studio is an idiot if they're giving it to him at this point. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, HesAPooka said:

ughhh, that's way lower than high 30s from deadline.  I hope that's wrong.  Still hold out the slimmest of hopes for $40m :/ 

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

#WonderWoman may be heading to around $33-35M for opening day FRI incl THU pre-shows. Wknd looking on course to end in $90M area.

i was literally about to post that I'm glad the numbers have gone up then you posted this. Is Gitesh usually accurate? I'm confused. 33-35 and 38.5 are very different