Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I still remember when BKB posted about the end of TFA in the weekend thread on Friday and got swiftly banned. That shit was hilarious:rofl: 

It wasn't funny to me since he spoiled the ending hours before I was set to watch it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Good that they have controlled the budget. Lets them get over a couple of false starts.

90 dom + 285 os = 375 ww, though disappointing still will be very good compared to the 125 prod budget.

So many movies would love to do 3x the prod budget globally.

660mil WW could never be considered a disappointment when the films budget signals a 500ww total.

WB knew this film wouldn't explode which is why they were  cautious with the budget.

600 WW is the reward they will get for playing it safe and correct this time.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

660mil WW could never be considered a disappointment when the films budget signals a 500ww total.

WB knew this film wouldn't explode which is why they were  cautious with the budget.

I think that poster was talking about The Mummy. 

2 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Guess I wasn't being stupid after all Noctis and looks like I might be spot on with my 80-85M OW for this...

James Maslow james maslow mic drop bam poof GIF

Its hitting 100M BKB. Almost 39M OD means a 96-105M weekend is incoming. Not even sure how you are claiming victory here. Look at the other updates, including the most recent one which came in for OD numbers.

• Like 4

Just now, grim22 said:

Its hitting 100M BKB. Almost 39M OD means a 96-105M weekend is incoming. Not even sure how you are claiming victory here.

BKB's has got the best sources in the business, his Parking Lot reports are second to none.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Guess I wasn't being stupid after all Noctis and looks like I might be spot on with my 80-85M OW for this...

James Maslow james maslow mic drop bam poof GIF It's opening above 85 million...

Edited by Cochofles

10 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think that poster was talking about The Mummy. 

7 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Sorry if he were.

edit:Naw he was definitely talking about WW

Was talking about The Mummy: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24101-what-a-wonderful-weekend-june-2-4-thread-fri-s-dhd-midnight-pg-107-wonder-woman-388m-underpants-75m-pirates-61m/?do=findComment&comment=3035380

As to WONDR and it's 150 budget, i would have considered 500+ ww fair enough accounting for expectations apart from making money : 175-200 dom + 300-325 os was consiered legit not so long ago.

600+ is wonderful.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Was talking about The Mummy.

As to WONDR and it's 150 budget, i would have considered 500+ ww fair enough accounting for expectations apart from making money : 175-200 dom + 300-325 os was consiered legit not so long ago.

600+ is wonderful.

Ok I misinterpreted your comment.Sorry

• Like 1

Moderation:

Just a point of clarification on spoilers: glimpses of "No Man's Land" were shown in multiple trailers. You can say you liked the scene. You can call it "No Man's Land". But you can't really say more than that here (or in the WW Non-Spoiler thread). If you want to talk about it more, go to the review thread or the Spoiler Thread. 

Please also steer clear of mentioning other movies with similar story beats as WW in any sort of detail. Remember, a lot of people haven't seen it yet and talking about the framework of the story in the context of other movies can pretty easily reveal major beats.  

• Like 7