Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Derail the thread with comments about derailing the thread. Insidious!

Man, thread derailments.  Aren't they just the worse?  If you agree with the sentiment that thread derailments are bad, please respond to this post twenty times about how bad thread derailments are.

31 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The DCEU started much later the MCU, not to mention that the DCEU unsurprisingly started out with their big guns right off the bat. When the MCU started CBM's weren't doing so hot overseas for example. They're comparable but the situations are a bit different. 

That may be but The DCEU stilll is stacking up well against the MCU films as of late.

Im not saying The Dceu will pass it but I'm am saying they are doing extremely well as far as income goes.

19 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

CW probably required the Cap movies (being a sequal it makes sense) and Age of Ultron...hardly all of them...

I like the universe building and payoff of sticking it through especially when Marvel has done such a fantastic job of it...unlike like the morons at DC (sans WW ofcourse)....

Pretty much this, I have not seen thor 1, all the iron man, but Avengers, ultron and both cap, I could kind of keep up I think.

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

That may be but The DCEU stilll is stacking up well against the MCU films as of late.

Im not saying The Dceu will pass it but I'm am saying they are doing extremely well as far as income goes.

More than well imo, particularly domestic. No MCU did suicide squad minus China bo without Iron Man getting involved I think ?

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

The DCEU might very well pass it. Hopefully that will encourage Marvel to innovate more. Nothing wrong with healthy competition. :)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It's about perspective, clearly there are different opinions that can come from the same numbers and I'll leave it at that. I honestly don't really care about how profitable it is, I'm more interested in how films do vs industry (and to a much lessor extent) fans/analyst expectations. 

So your perspective is to hate it then?

If you are gonna ignore he multiplers and the Income then you can never be fair on judgement.

Theres only two negative things so far and that's rotten tomatoes scores and BVS multipler after that there's really anymore negative there as all the films have positive fans scores no matter of they are not overwhelming positive.

7 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Wuss. I want the whole orgasmic experience of all superhero's being shown against Thanos and/or Darkseid.

If the danger is big enough, then they will all come out of the wood work. SS was assisine for that reason alone. All that shift going down and WW or Batman don't come? Bollocks.

I really only care about a few core characters in either universe, so these big ensembles rapidly become a lot of extended cameos I don't really care about. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Nah, I've always been in B/B+ territory for it. 

Be honest. You fell in love with skybeams during the Avengers.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

More than well imo, particularly domestic. No MCU did suicide squad minus China bo without Iron Man getting involved I think ?

SS did amazing. But according to deadline SS did same profit as civil war. With reports of high budget for infinity war sequels, they will need to do 1.2-1.3 billion to make same profit as gotg vol. 2.

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

SS did amazing. But according to deadline SS did same profit as civil war. With reports of high budget for infinity war sequels, they will need to do 1.2-1.3 billion to make same profit as gotg vol. 2.

I don't think the film budget for IW and IW2 is $500M each, the total budget though I can $500M each.

33 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

250M for an Aquaman movie being what is expected of it is incredible when you really think about it. How many people would have laughed hard at the thought just 15 years ago? Heck, even 10 years ago.

It might even do over 300M depending on how he's received in Justice League, incredible.

300m is likely out of the question IMO since WW isn't even going to make that much, but it should do well, unless it's a disaster of a film, which hopefully it's not. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

In May 2012, Telemachos filed for a divorced with Mrs. Tele, after finding a new love in the form of skybeams.

skybeam.gif

We all know Tele loves his good ol speed

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I assume Disney's spending upwards of 800m or more on the combined INFINITY WARs (production and marketing).

I had read a figure of $1B between the two.

Edit: Here's a link to the article from October 2015:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/08/avengers-infinity-war-parts-1-and-2-have-a-budget-of-one-billion-dollars/

In huddled conversation with very well sourced comic book film insiders in New York bars last night, before New York Comic Con, there was one big topic of conversation. That the next two Avengers films, Infinity War Part One and Two, will have a combined production budget of one billion dollars.

And of that, the above the line costs, that paid to the screenwriter, director, producers and principal actors will be a cool four hundred million dollars alone.

And of the actor budget, Robert Downey Jr gets half.

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 1