Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

300m is out of the question IMO since WW isn't even going to make that much likely, but it should do well, unless it's a disaster of a film, which hopefully it's not. 

Who knows, if they manage to do an awesome job depicting an underwater environment it would be something really fresh, I could see it breaking out.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I assume Disney's spending upwards of 800m or more on the combined INFINITY WARs (production and marketing).

But no pressure Russo bros.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I actually think amongst the majority of the GA, outside of fanboys thought CW was mediocre. There were a lot of people who saw CW because they were curious about certain factors like Spider-Man and Blacl Panther or seeing Iron Man and Captain America fight. I think CW also had mediocre results box office wise, it should've outgrossed IM3. I think SS and MOS (minus Walmart) had decent multiples. BVS had a multiplier under 2x domestic with a $166M OW with a record second weekend drop. That's bad WOM. 

So in other words make it fit your narrative.

Legs are legs the rules applies to every film and there is no special case.

Theres completely nothing that's stops me from using the same Scenario for BVS as it didn't even have not one summer day and was 1,6 mil shy from a 2x.

CW just wasn't as good of a film as many think it to be there's no reason to keep making excuses for its multipler as it had no competition for nearly 3 weeks

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

Whatever the heck Part 2's gonna be named then. 

They are treating it as different movies and all that financial stuff. Got Iger's confirmation on that between me bitching about ESPN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

They are treating it as different movies and all that financial stuff. Got Iger's confirmation on that between me bitching about ESPN.

Well, they have to even if it was a Part 2 -- the Salkind Clause from Superman 1&2 is responsible for that. But I guess say 400-500m apiece for production/marketing to keep it all separate. 

5 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

I had read a figure of $1B between the two.

Edit: Here's a link to the article from October 2015:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/08/avengers-infinity-war-parts-1-and-2-have-a-budget-of-one-billion-dollars/

Bleeding Cool is full of shit.  This came from that long w/e at the NY Comic Com with "sources" at a bar.

5 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all, I felt my numbers were conservative. 

I hope both make a Billion but it wouldn't surprise as well if one of the two fall slightly short.

33 minutes ago, Barnack said:

This and the MCU is not automatically growing, there is a chance that nothing will beat Avengers and no solo movie will beat Iron Man 3, etc....

A franchise being young, is not usually bad for it's box office (no Potter really did beat the first Potter, usually the first Star wars is the biggest of it's bunch) it is special case when you do not go down.

Well yeah, but Avengers was so successful, it's a hard film to top at the box office. In regards to the DCU, I don't see Justice League topping BVS, but if they can make a better received sequel, it's possible. 

Let's be honest here, Infinity War Part 2 is Infinity War Part 2

That part about them being "distinct" movie is most likely a marketing pull, seeing as currently, part 1 and part 2 movies aren't "in", they're out, they're not cool at all

They're simply camouflaging it

The 2 movies will have the same antagonist (does that remind you of a certain end to a hugely popular series, comprised of a part 1 and a part 2, and which have the same antagonist?), that alone tells us a lot on their intentions.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. I will be there on OW :ph34r:

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Well, they have to even if it was a Part 2 -- the Salkind Clause from Superman 1&2 is responsible for that. But I guess say 400-500m apiece for production/marketing to keep it all separate. 

Ahh I see...I will say Igers pretty cool...

I wanted him to optimize ESPN (aka fire even more people) and he actually said they already know and will keep the shareholders in the loop...always like a CEO who acknowledges the excess...

14 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Assume the hook for Infinity War is Thanos, Infinity Stones and adding the Guardians.

The first two do not matter one iota to anyone who wasn't already planning to see the movie. Hell, they might hurt if anything, going from Civil War to another faceless god destroys the universe movie. I won't be seeing that if it doesn't get excellent reviews, and I actually really liked Civil War relative to my general skepticism for the MCU. 

13 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I assume Disney's spending upwards of 800m or more on the combined INFINITY WARs (production and marketing).

How much did they spend on the last two Pirates? At least $600m for all of that so its definitely in the ballpark.