Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

14 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

A cbm with complete different demographics than any other cbm and an IM best among them. Saying 2.8x is max is as silly as saying 3.0x out of nowhere.

I dunno about completely different, but I think this is the first cbm that skews female, so we're in uncharted waters here and I don't think you can reject x3 multi out of hand.

• Like 2

Okay, my local started the weekend with 12 planned showings of WW...made it 13 at the last minute for Friday, started Saturday with 16 (after finding a full extra screen Friday night) and put on a 17th last minute last night, and now added an extra show this morning for 18 showings for WW for Sunday.  I love how this movie keeps growing and growing!!!  We'll see if my local tries to scrounge up some evening shows to make it a round 20 shows!

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Do you consider that a worst-case scenario? You're giving it a lot of 50%+ drops a week. 

This is what I'm personally predicting. Best case would be around a 2.8, worst case 2.5

Edited by WrathOfHan

7 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

Still weird that an acclaimed film like WW opened so far below Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman, the cinematic equivalents of shit and vomit.

Not weird at all.

General appeal trumps reviews, on OW at least.

Edited by Elessar

2 minutes ago, PatrickvD said:

Considering the critical praise and lack of competition $300 million is not a weird or high expectation in my opinion. We'll see.

Still weird that an acclaimed film like WW opened so far below Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman, the cinematic equivalents of shit and vomit.

It's all about rebuilding audience trust. Now they just need to ride all of the goodwill they have with this movie into Justice League and hope that doesn't shit the bed as a movie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Do you consider that a worst-case scenario? You're giving it a lot of 50%+ drops a week. 

MRA. 

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Once it was clear it is crossing 100, wb may have underestimated sunday, so actuals above estimate headline can be achieved.

What's the official saturday number?

Wonder Woman is being underestimated.

That seems alright for Captain Underpants. I never really understood the big predictions for it; the marketplace is devoid of family fare, yes, but I always thought the concept and title were going to turn off many. I mean, can you imagine someone nonchalantly walking up to the box office saying "two for Captain Underpants, please"? I can't.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Let's assume this hits the high end at 103M this weekend:

Remainder of the week: 34M (137M Total)

Jun 9: 46M (17M weekdays, 200M Total)

Jun 16: 23M (10M weekdays, 233M Total)

Jun 23: 12.6M (6M weekdays, 251.6M Total)

Jun 30: 6.3M (4M weekdays, 261.9M Total)

Jul 7: 2.8M (1.3M weekdays, 266M Total)

Jul 14: 1.6M (800k weekdays, 268.4M Total)

Final Total: 271M (2.63x)

June 16th weekend drop way too high...this will be a huge Father's Day draw movie for folks who don't want a 3rd Cars...

Seeing the growth of the movie through the weekend around here, I think legs are not gonna mimic typical male-focused CBM, but will be a mix of female movies with CBM legs (so 3.0 is not impossible)...it won't be Bad Moms, but it won't be what you've got...I'd bet you over $271M right now...