Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Yeah night and day difference at the same theater I went to last night, tonight - 2D 9:40 & 10:00 showings are completely filled at the top besides 1 or 2 seats and the 10:20 showing is already 50% full up there. 

Glad I saw this last night. Like I guessed WOM looks to be kicking in and this will probably have an even stronger Saturday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah night and day difference at the same theater I went to last night, tonight - 2D 9:40 & 10:00 showings are completely filled at the top besides 1 or 2 seats and the 10:20 showing is already 50% full up there. 

Glad I saw this last night. Like I guessed WOM looks to be kicking in and this will probably have an even stronger Saturday.

Hoping the Sat hold really surprises with how great it is thanks to WOM kicking in ala what happened with Avengers OW. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

Deadline has been almost spot on with their late numbers though lately. I feel like Gitesh is just posting data from earlier in the day and will probably update again tonight. 

I hope you're right.

16 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

Just checked the two main theaters seat selections. One of them is about 40% full (IMAX 3D 10PM) and the regular screen is maybe 15% full. The other theater is maybe 25% full. Movie is an hour away. 

Wow Pirates still has IMAX at my main theater...that's weird! There are IMAX showings but not in the usual theaters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mredman said:

its like he is posting deadlines earlier numbers. Before they updated it to 38.5

I said same thing when he posted mid-80's around this same time for Ultron's Friday. Everyone else was saying 95+.

He could easily be wrong this time and I hope he is. But I'm not assuming he is reporting "old" numbers. 

• Like 3

Yeah looking at the theater that has IMAX, the theaters are packed (like 2 seats left) but keep in mind these are smaller auditoriums.

3D - 4 seats (only at the bottom) for 9:30, 11:30 is about 50% full with the middle already taken up.

2d - 11 PM showing, bigger theater - already really full with about 19 seats left at the top (none in the middle), 12 AM showing is more open but the middle is already taken up in the top 3 rows. Probably will fill up quickly.

Yeah the Friday number could come in higher then what's been reported. Glad I saw this last night.

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hoping the Sat hold really surprises with how great it is thanks to WOM kicking in ala what happened with Avengers OW. 

Yeah looking at the big difference from last night to tonight, I think it's possible it might. I said that the the preview number wasn't going to indicate much due to the NBA finals. I bet rth comes in with a higher estimate in a little bit.

• Like 1