kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

16 minutes ago, Belle said:

Circe is a mythological witch who was famous for turning people into animals. That is who DC's Circe, Diana's foe is based on. 

Yeah, but Marvel's Eternals character (who is heroic and is rumored to be the lead of an in development MCU film) is based on the same figure too: 

Sersi was based in ancient Greece, where she met the poet, Homer. Homer would later write one of the earliest works in Western literature, The Odyssey. The character Circe, who lived on an island in the Aegean called Aeaea, and turned the hero Odysseus' men into pigs, was based on Sersi.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah, but Marvel's Eternals character (who is heroic and is rumored to be the lead of an in development MCU film) is based on the same figure too: 

What?? Sersi is rumored to be in a solo MCU film?? 

7 minutes ago, StevenG said:

What?? Sersi is rumored to be in a solo MCU film?? 

An Eternals film where she is apparently the lead:

https://www.thewrap.com/marvel-kevin-feige-eternals/

Multiple screenwriters have taken meetings and have been asked to come up with a story that focuses on the female Eternal known as Sersi, (no, not the character on “Game of Thrones”), several insiders have told TheWrap.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

An Eternals film where she is apparently the lead:

https://www.thewrap.com/marvel-kevin-feige-eternals/

Wow.

That is super interesting.

I guess Marvel is indeed committed to rectify/balance their dude-centric ways.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Thanks!

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

WW2 officialy starts principal photography on May 28th so we can expect some sort of plot summary and full cast list very soon.

Probably this week, I just saw the production designer from the first movie is returning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

Very intrigued about the "new costume" for WW. I always hoped that, not unlike the Thor films, Diana gets some sort of tweak on her armor (which I still think is a great adaptation of her classic outfit). More than anything, I hope that it gets some sort of straps or that the bodice becomes a full-on thing (as opposed to a bustier):

DSC01744-e1482225505697.jpg

15ab35.jpg

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

He said is a battle gear 

Yep

Wonder how this will fit the timeline, since she had the same costume for WW1 and modern day....or are they just going to pretend BvS and JL didn't happen?.

4 hours ago, StevenG said:

Very intrigued about the "new costume" for WW. I always hoped that, not unlike the Thor films, Diana gets some sort of tweak on her armor (which I still think is a great adaptation of her classic outfit). More than anything, I hope that it gets some sort of straps or that the bodice becomes a full-on thing (as opposed to a bustier):

DSC01744-e1482225505697.jpg

15ab35.jpg

The less she wears the better

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Yep

Wonder how this will fit the timeline, since she had the same costume for WW1 and modern day....or are they just going to pretend BvS and JL didn't happen?.

Marvel has redesigned Captain America’s costume several times for his movies with no explanation most of the time why he ditched those duds

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

Yep

I think the movie will be both in 80' and present days

10 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

First look at the new DC Super Hero Girls show by MLP: Friendship is Magic creator Lauren Faust has Diana wearing a more movie inspired costume.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

Interesting.

1-Is this still going to be set in a superhero high school? 

2-Who is the non-Batgirl purple-clad girl supposed to be (with stars in her hair)? I am not sure if that is Star Sapphire, Black Orchid or Blackfire...

3-I like that they include Bumblebee and Jessica Cruz, but this is a great opportunity to introduce more Asian (Dr. Light, Maya, Grace Choi, Nayad) and First Nations (Owl Woman, Equinox, Dawnstar) superheroines. I hope that they do!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Interesting.

1-Is this still going to be set in a superhero high school? 

2-Who is the non-Batgirl purple-clad girl supposed to be (with stars in her hair)? I am not sure if that is Star Sapphire, Black Orchid or Blackfire...

3-I like that they include Bumblebee and Jessica Cruz, but this is a great opportunity to introduce more Asian (Dr. Light, Maya, Grace Choi, Nayad) and First Nations (Owl Woman, Equinox, Dawnstar) superheroines. I hope that they do!

Thanks for sharing!

Zatanna is who you're referring to on the extreme left. 

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Zatanna is who you're referring to on the extreme left. 

Btw isn't there already a DC Superhero Girls? I've seen a bunch of stuff of YT with it having multiple seasons already.

Thanks for the clarification. :D Zatanna was the last person I would have guessed! 

I think there are webisodes and DVDs that collect them, but this is most likely going to be an actual TV show first airing on Cartoon Network.