kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I thought for a long time that a Spider-Man 2 scenario is very likely for this movie: Opening to massive numbers, but still falling a bit short of the original, since that original already was a cultural phenomenon. However, im starting to think Wonder Woman 2 could increase to 450-500M DOM. 412M in 2017 (the first one's run) isnt nearly as much as 403M in 2002, so WW2 should have a good chance at topping the first one (ofc, great reception is needed).

It’s a legit billion dollar contender 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Bond is Bond, I think is one of the most iconic character in the World

You can think everything you want, but numbers is more important.

Also, Bond 25 will debut before WW2 (25.10) , so it'll also help.

I'm sure: both movies will perfectly co-exist in the overseas market next year. 

Edited by KeepItU25071906

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

You can think everything you want, but numbers is more important.

Also, Bond 25 will debut before WW2 (25.10) , so it'll also help.

I'm sure: both movies will perfectly co-exist in the overseas market next year. 

25.10 only in UK

11 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

25.10 only in UK

Or not only. Like Skyfall.

8 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

I don't think is possible after JL...

Welcome, 2016... deja vu indeed :hahaha:

I have to save your posts. Wait a minute...

Yes, I did it))

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Every time this thread is bumped up, I genuinely think it is going to feature the first look at Cheetah or at the new costume tweak. :D Stop doing this to my heart, you guys!!

Comic con this year for DC movies will be the most interesting in a long long time. There are 3 movies they have to show (WW 2, AQM, Shazam) which I think has got to be the largest amount of movies that WB/DC will be bringing to comic con. I know it's too early for WW 2 to show anything but I'm sure we'll still get to see storyboards or something. 

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Comic con this year for DC movies will be the most interesting in a long long time. There are 3 movies they have to show (WW 2, AQM, Shazam) which I think has got to be the largest amount of movies that WB/DC will be bringing to comic con. I know it's too early for WW 2 to show anything but I'm sure we'll still get to see storyboards or something. 

I don’t know if they’d have anything ready for Comic Con, I’m sure she’ll own it next year. But yeh, maybe storyboards or costume art like you said. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Every time this thread is bumped up, I genuinely think it is going to feature the first look at Cheetah or at the new costume tweak. :D Stop doing this to my heart, you guys!!

I'm waiting for some casting news

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Yeah, storyboards or early designs would be cool. 

Maybe the official logo for the WW sequel?

I am also hoping for casting news, but frankly, I hope that they don't spoil any surprises.

We pretty much know who the main players are by now; I don't want to hear anything else...

8 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Yeah, I don't think they are too concerned about Bond. They did move the film to avoid Star Wars, and I feel that this and Bond can coexist.

Star Wars would hurt them more domestically compared to Bond. When you consider Spectre barely cracked $200m, you can see why WB didn't move against Bond, that being said, I imagine if they think OS might be iffy then it's possible they'll move it to November 15th.

5 hours ago, RRA said:

WW did 800 million after BVS.

#ComeOn

Yeah I would imagine a large part of WW audience is not aware much about the DC universe thing or care. The demo were quite different.

Will see but news like those:

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-hbo-premiere-ratings/

According to Nielsen, the first undisputed hit of the DC Extended Universe drew 2.809 million in its initial telecast on Saturday night, HBO’s largest audience in two years for a feature film premiere.

Wonder Woman also outperformed the TV premieres of previous DCEU films Man of Steel (2.374 million viewers), Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2.33 million), and Suicide Squad (2.13 million).

Happened after Justice league release and tend to be good sign for sequels.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 6