kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

52 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Damn...you cant see anything in that pic.

How can they be sure it's Pine?

There's a video that still was taken from on other sites, still not clear but you can here them talking and they can see him.

Now read the quote here

https://nerdist.com/patty-jenkins-hints-at-totally-different-wonder-woman-2/

“We’re actually making a totally different film with a lot of the same…things that we love, but it’s its own movie completely, so it’s not ‘two’ to us. It’s an entirely new adventure together that we couldn’t be luckier [to do].”

I read that as Wonder Woman movies are going to be unrelated stand alone movies with a fixed cast including Gadot and Pine as core characters.

I have also seen other interviews where she has said similar things.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Yeah I would imagine a large part of WW audience is not aware much about the DC universe thing or care. The demo were quite different.

Will see but news like those:

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-hbo-premiere-ratings/

According to Nielsen, the first undisputed hit of the DC Extended Universe drew 2.809 million in its initial telecast on Saturday night, HBO’s largest audience in two years for a feature film premiere.

Wonder Woman also outperformed the TV premieres of previous DCEU films Man of Steel (2.374 million viewers), Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2.33 million), and Suicide Squad (2.13 million).

Happened after Justice league release and tend to be good sign for sequels.

For all the talk about DCEU allegedly being dead, its not. There is IP power, they just don’t have brand power. Big difference currently 

I can’t be the only one who hopes Steve Trevor doesn’t come back to life, right? That would really cheapen his sacrifice in the previous movie. Then again, the dialogue in JL implied that he’s still dead, so if he does come back to life here, would that mean that he’d just die again?

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I can’t be the only one who hopes Steve Trevor doesn’t come back to life, right? That would really cheapen his sacrifice in the previous movie. Then again, the dialogue in JL implied that he’s still dead, so if he does come back to life here, would that mean that he’d just die again?

Wouldn’t it be funny if they used that trick the 70s tv show did where the same dude that played Steve played his son when the show moved to contemporary times?

(in this scenario set in 80s his grandson but you get my drift.)

1 hour ago, RRA said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if they used that trick the 70s tv show did where the same dude that played Steve played his son when the show moved to contemporary times?

(in this scenario set in 80s his grandson but you get my drift.)

I remember hearing that rumor as far back as 2015, but it always did, and still does, sound like a really stupid direction to go in. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I remember hearing that rumor as far back as 2015, but it always did, and still does, sound like a really stupid direction to go in. 

Pine was in STID. This pitch still wouldn’t be the dumbest plot device he’s come across.

I will say this about Chris Pine’s possible return, I personally wouldn’t want to see it. HOWEVER, many of WW’s fans are older women. Many of whom watched soap operas and in soaps death is a reversible plot point. Likewise, comic book fans also will not mind the return of Trevor because that is what happens in comics as well.  If the story is good, action packed, but sort of romantic (like the first) then it will be fine. Critics are going to hate it, because they care about technical and logical aspects of films. Lol

Steve could return in a way to make their story even more heartbreaking and tragic.Like have him, when Diana needs him the most ,somehow appear to her and have this beautiful dialogue about love and loss or whatecer and then something about time and you have an impactul emotionally powerful scene that does not take away of what happenned in the first one.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Sure, but...death doesn't seem to mean much in Hollywood these days... I expect we'll see him in this movie in one form or another.  It's always been rumored since the great reception to their chemistry in WW1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Sure, but...death doesn't seem to mean much in Hollywood these days... I expect we'll see him in this movie in one form or another.  It's always been rumored since the great reception to their chemistry in WW1.

Pine and Gadot's onscreen spark is arguably the most vividly potent romantic chemistry in a superhero movie yet (and a huge part of why the film connected with so many people). Therefore, I am not surprised about Pine's possible return. I just hope the way in which he returns is cool and des not cheapen what came before.

40 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Pine and Gadot's onscreen spark is arguably the most vividly potent romantic chemistry in a superhero movie yet (and a huge part of why the film connected with so many people).

Interesting how it's the DC Trinity who have had the three greatest romances in superhero movies so far.

EducatedDistantGazelle-size_restricted.g

c58fa4a580b3c1286be455f07aae5b2b.gif

tumblr_ovlxxgUOLG1qb79r8o1_r1_540.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Interesting how it's the DC Trinity who have had the three greatest romances in superhero movies so far.

It is so hard to capture that!

Romantic sparks/chemistry is possibly one of the most elusive things to get (and to get it right), and yet the three biggest DC icons have managed to do it in their solo films.

However...how dare you forget....?????

630b8feb436ceb11_tumblr_n341opxDl21r5a08

#neverForget

#SteveAndBucky4EVAH

Edited by StevenG

8 minutes ago, StevenG said:

It is so hard to capture that!

Romantic sparks/chemistry is possibly one of the most elusive things to get (and to get it right), and yet the three biggest DC icons have managed to do it in their first solo films.

However...how dare you forget....?????

630b8feb436ceb11_tumblr_n341opxDl21r5a08

#neverForget

#SteveAndBucky4EVAH

....is it a coincidence people cite Batman Returns for this instead of Keaton’s actual first movie? 

I’ll throw in Pepperony as well. Killer chemistry (and Paltrow keeps RDJ grounded which his Stark lacks sometimes when he’s flying solo.)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Margot Kidder was so likeable and brilliant as Lois (RIP) :(

Pfeiffer is a goddess. End of story. #CatwomanWasOscarRobbed

Pine's charm is off the charts.

Truly amazing pairings all of them.

Whomever did the casting for those films deserves all kinds of awards.

Also...on a serious note: what do you think of Toby and Kirsten in Spider-Man? I think they had a great chemistry too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I will say this about Chris Pine’s possible return, I personally wouldn’t want to see it. HOWEVER, many of WW’s fans are older women. Many of whom watched soap operas and in soaps death is a reversible plot point. Likewise, comic book fans also will not mind the return of Trevor because that is what happens in comics as well.  If the story is good, action packed, but sort of romantic (like the first) then it will be fine. Critics are going to hate it, because they care about technical and logical aspects of films. Lol

If you’re gonna off somebody, earn it. If you’re gonna bring them back, earn it.

5 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Margot Kidder was so likeable and brilliant as Lois (RIP) :(

Pfeiffer is a goddess. End of story. #CatwomanWasOscarRobbed

Pine's charm is off the charts.

Truly amazing pairings all of them.

Whomever did the casting for those films deserves all kinds of awards.

Also...on a serious note: what do you think of Toby and Kirsten in Spider-Man? I think they had a great chemistry too.

Yeah I would include them too...first two films, obviously. Not to mention unlike every other pairing we’ve mentioned (serious or jokingly), one that’s actually reflective of their not rich social-economical background and trying to escape that.

Honestly throw in Harry and that’s the one Love Triangle we’ve had in spandex movies and rewatching those movies last year, it’s terrific....again, first two movies though because it all goes to hell in part 3. #ThanksAvi

• Like 1