YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

I'm watching all of the top summer blockbusters in a row, starting with Jaws in '75. Tonight it's Jaws and The Omen. 

Going to watch through Finding Dory in 30 days. Anyone wanna tag along?

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR THAT TRANSFORMERS GETS AN ENTIRE WEEKEND TO ITSELF FOR WIDE RELEASES. IT HAS TRAILER STALKED ME AT MY LAST 9 MOVIES PLUS 3 OTHERS THIS YEAR, AND IT WILL PERFORM BADLY.

Image result for anger gif

Michael Bay's "lil J-lo" feminist movie will not perform badly, its gonna take the world by storm in a few weeks

PIycc0F.jpg

• Like 2

Since RT has been a topic of discussion lately, I was looking at RT scores for movies released since March, and there is literally ONE movie in the 50s (Boss Baby) and just about 3 movies in the 45-65 range (Going In Style at 46% and Zookeepers wife at 62). Has the middle ground for reviews i.e. the "Okay if you are into this kind of movie" range from 45-65 just been lost? Every movie seems to be above 70% or below 40%. I don't think the movies have fundamentally changed to become either really good or absolute garbage. It just feels like there is some bandwagon effect happening on RT.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Since RT has been a topic of discussion lately, I was looking at RT scores for movies released since March, and there is literally ONE movie in the 50s (Boss Baby) and just about 3 movies in the 45-65 range (GIS at 46% and Zookeepers wife at 62). Has the middle ground for reviews i.e. the "Okay if you are into this kind of movie" range from 45-65 just been lost? Every movie seems to be above 70% or below 40%. I don't think the movies have fundamentally changed to become either really good or absolute garbage. It just feels like there is some bandwagon effect happening on RT.

RT critics got tired of the endless Man of Steel debates so now every movie is either "awesome" or "garbage".  They must conform to one or the other. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Would $51M confirm $300M for WW?  

Most likely. It would be 10M behind MoS running total with a weekend 10M higher. Would just need MoS legs from this point forward if it hits 51.

25 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Fortunately Tele Jr has no interest in seeing that. 

Boss Baby is decent, but who knows with you :lol: 

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Since RT has been a topic of discussion lately, I was looking at RT scores for movies released since March, and there is literally ONE movie in the 50s (Boss Baby) and just about 3 movies in the 45-65 range (Going In Style at 46% and Zookeepers wife at 62). Has the middle ground for reviews i.e. the "Okay if you are into this kind of movie" range from 45-65 just been lost? Every movie seems to be above 70% or below 40%. I don't think the movies have fundamentally changed to become either really good or absolute garbage. It just feels like there is some bandwagon effect happening on RT.

I think Gifted was around 65%

wow just came back from Wonder Woman

That middle act, so well done. I was legit near-screaming during some sequences. Kudos to the team! I went with a group of friends and we were really into it, lots of great jokes in this movie, they all landed. The action sequences, especially near the middle (you know which ones), are some of the best I've seen coming from the superhero genre.

Chris Pine is a boss.

However, I wasn't a fan of the beginning, felt a bit off, but once it gets going, this movie truly is a roaring success. 

• Like 2