YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Yeah...I can see 53 though, if not 54.

15.7 + 21.35 (+36%) + 16.0 (-25%) = 53.05

If Sat bump is close to 40% then 54+ could happen.

I am thinking it jumps over 40% just because it was slowed down by the game today imo. 

3 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

would this be the weakest legs ever?

Everthing is possible but i think no. I think Power Rangers dropped 95% ish

Mummy may drop 80-90%

• Like 1

Wonder Woman is a Goddamn juggernaut. Sub 50% drop for a 100M+ opening superhero movie is surreal. That wom is, no pun intended, wonderful.

On the other hand, The Mummy is a Goddamn disaster. I honestly believe it's almost gonna make Alien: Covenant look good (hell, Covenant cost less to begin with).

Also, mega whoof for It Comes At Night. I was rooting for that to breakout, and I'm looking forward to watching it, but I can't blame audiences for rejecting chicanery. Mismarketing sucks.

And, for a pretty overlooked story:

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

6.). Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  (DIS), 2,911 theaters (-596) / $1.74 Fri.  (-35%)/3-day cume: $6.1M (-37%)/Total:$366.2m/ Wk 6

Despite WW crushing it, this movie is still holding and doing very well. While I'm not sure anymore about it being the safe frontrunner for Summer winner, as WW may have legs to come scarily close to it (assuming Spidey doesn't completely stop its legs in July, which I doubt will happen if the WW-Guardians co-existance is proof) and Spidey/DM3 are both contenders as well, this is still definitely touching 380M DOM and finishing respectably close to Civil War and IM3, despite a much smaller OW. Quite impressive.

• Like 5

Fun Fact- The last two non-MI Tom Cruise movies to break $100M domestically were Edge of Tomorrow (barely) in 2014 and then you have to go all the way back to War of the Worlds in 2005. (I'm not counting Tropic Thunder since it wasn't sold as a Tom Cruise movie and he only had a supporting role.)

• Like 1

So with $50m this weekend, Wonder Woman could get to $300m. Just Incredible. 

Not only is that an out of this world achievement, it should pave the way for a lot more female superheroes to get their own projects. 

WB would be crazy not to go ahead with Gotham City Sirens (hopefully minus Ayer) very soon. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So with $50m this weekend, Wonder Woman could get to $300m. Just Incredible. 

Not only is that an out of this world achievement, it should pave the way for a lot more female superheroes to get their own projects. 

WB would be crazy not to go ahead with Gotham City Sirens (hopefully minus Ayer) very soon. 

A Patty Jenkins-directed Sirens with a script by Allan Heinberg would be AWESOME!!! :D

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Monster Squad is how you do a shared monster universe.

All they need to do is update the concept by combining elements of Stranger Things and Bram Stroker's Dracula.

Bam! 55 m OW.

Please no

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

How is my idea worse than what Universal is currently doing? :apocalypse:

I'd rather we at least horror-action rather then the campfest of Monster Squad. Which while fine for it's time isn't exactly what I'd want to see for modern revitalizations of the Universal Monsters.

Is WW the first good female superhero movie?

It took forever but it might be the first of many (Captain Marvel, Batgirl, Gotham Sirens, etc).

I hope they don't fast track X-23. Let the actress grow up first, she was legendary.

18 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I'd rather we at least horror-action rather then the campfest of Monster Squad. Which while fine for it's time isn't exactly what I'd want to see for modern revitalizations of the Universal Monsters.

Well I threw Stranger Things and Bram Stroker's Dracula out there cause that's the updated tone needed for success.

I don't think the goofy antics of the 80's would work today which is probably for the best. Tho Gremlins 2 is the bomb, yo!

Edited by grey ghost

With what looks to be almost certainly a sub 50% drop, Wonder Woman looks to be primed to do something pretty special this summer.

• Like 4