YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My name was almost ILoveTomCruise instead of Ethan Hunt :unsure:

'GOD DAMMIT, ETHAN, THE ADULTS ARE TALKING!' sounds more iconic than 'GOD DAMMIT ILOVETOMCRUISE, THE ADULTS ARE TALKING!' so good job. :P

• Like 10

2 hours ago, eXtacy said:

I think the unusually strong hold can be mostly attributed to the fact a lot of people may have avoided Wonder Woman's first weekend after three stinkers from DC in a row. Makes you think how much it could of opened to.

Eh, I don't really think so. $100mil is a good number. I think it's largely down to the female lead. I have two groups of male friends who tend to go to most every superhero movie. The only ones from either of those groups to watch WW so far are those who have girlfriends or spouses.

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

You don't have have 20,000+ posts so stop thinking the world revolves around you and pandas. 

But I have 20k+ likes.  All that means is that I don't shit post (as much).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

saw Wonder Woman. It's alright. Yay likable characters and thematic coherence for the first time in DCEU, but there's plenty of unwieldy and awkward writing and the climax is as much of an ugly-looking mess as anything in BVS, which was disappointing after the first two acts. 

yeah like not other Superhero movie have that problem right :winomg:and its all fine because its in the 3rd act they have to beat the big villain.

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mredman said:

yeah like not other Superhero movie have that problem right :winomg:

I feel like people are incredibly dismissive now when someone doesn't think Wonder Woman is the second coming of Jesus.  I mean, for Christ's sake I gave it an A- and even I understand that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

With Summer weekdays and frnakly good WOM, WW should do 300 million domestic.

A low 50% to sub 50% drop pretty much guarantees at least a 3x multi.  First weekend drop is usually the worst for comic book films (with exceptions to late in the run when it's finally pulled from theaters)

Plus, WW is uniquely pulling an older and female audience, which tend to mean stronger legs.

I think it's possible for WW to push its way over BvS and be the highest grossing DCEU film if its legs keep going.

41 minutes ago, Nova said:

Supporting what exactly? You said I was being disrespectful to other posters who thought the film was going to drop under 50%. That was never the case. The only thing I've ever said is that those who think it's dropping more than 50% were most likely setting themselves up for disappointment (I've admitted I was wrong). That was my observation of how I thought the film was going to perform. That's not showing disrespect. That's merely having a difference of opinion. 

And knowing the type of poster @Krissykinsis I highly doubt they were being disrespectful either. 

I can say no one's treated me like crap for bandwagoning this movie from the beginning...in fact, I've been impressed by the niceness (even if they thought I was nuts:)...posters here are cool, so let's stop looking for boogiepeople when there are none:)...

• Like 2