YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

By comparison, Cruise’s Oblivion, also from Uni, earned a B- CinemaScore, opened to $37M and fell short of $100M with a final $89.1M stateside.

Same legs would give Mummy 75 with a 31 ow.

(no Sat update...the quote's from yesterday's Deadline writeup)

Oblivion did 286 ww on a 120 prod budget. Mummy is in a similar boat with OS rescuing it due to Cruise, and the budget being reasonable.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

Just got out of the mummy. I really really tried hard to like it, but I just found the movie incredibly boring. Almost fell asleep at 3 different times. Needed two mountain dews just to make it through it. I recommend not seeing it.

Different people have different opinions. I personally enjoyed it, does it have it issues, yes. But overall it wasn't as bad as some like yourself say it's. Not sure how one can fall a sleep through an action pack thriller, there isnt' hardly a moment in that movie that's bore enough to even take a piss let alone take a nap ... not calling you a liar, but it's hard to believe.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Different people have different opinions. I personally enjoyed it, does it have it issues, yes. But overall it wasn't as bad as some like yourself say it's. Not sure how one can fall a sleep through an action pack thriller, there isnt' hardly a moment in that movie that's bore enough to even take a piss let alone take a nap ... not calling you a liar, but it's hard to believe.

I fell asleep during the F8 submarine action sequence :sparta:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

I fell asleep during the F8 submarine action sequence :sparta:

Either you are being sarcastic, or The sugar rush from your Drink finally caught up to ya.

4 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

If you're not into the movie, I don't see why you couldn't nod off. I can fall asleep in constant noise if I'm feeling droopy. 

Typically you don't go to the movie unless you are somewhat interested. There are certain types of movie where I can understand one would dose of. But in a Mummy movie .. come on ..... this movie was so action packed and so loud, not sure how one can dose of even if they are not interested, unless you are so wasted. But I rest my case, as long as you don't snore then it's all good.

Edited by Subzero

Oh, the lady next to me in Get Out seemed to be falling asleep as well. Their head was drooping lower and lower onto my armrest throughout the movie.

Then at the end she told my friend he was drinking his water too loudly.

Honestly, sometimes people are just tired and not that interested, especially if they were invited by somebody else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Moana did well. I definitely think the expectations were too high for that one. Not everything is going to be Frozen.

Frozen was the kind of box office phenonenon that does not happen very often. To expect every Disney Animated film to equal it was always unrealistic.

• Like 1

Well I had a friend who fell asleep during the opening five minutes of Revenge of the Sith, and she was snoring like a fucking bear, had to wake her up before the fanboys beat her up. Only time I remeber falling asleep was during a screening of The Class (such a bore) and in one of Antonioni's movies at a retrospective dedicated to him, don't get me wrong  I love Antonioni, he's one of my favorite directors, but knowing his pacing I shouldn't have gone watching one of his films without having any sleep the night before.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Either you are being sarcastic, or The sugar rush from your Drink finally caught up to ya.

Nope not being sarcastic. I fell asleep several times during the movie and was struggling to keep myself awake. The only time it ever happened to me in a theatre. I just found the movie to be that awful and stupid. I didn't wanna go see it but friends and cousins dragged me with them. 

Edited by ZeeSoh

I can't sleep unless it's super quiet. Would wake up if the tap was dripping a bit. Apart from the constant buzzing of AC, fan can't tolerate anything else. Can't imagine falling asleep during a movie even a boring one.