WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

2 hours ago, The Mummified Panda said:

1. Inside Out

2. Finding Nemo

3. Wall-E

4. Up

5. The Incredibles

6. Toy Story

7. Ratatouille

8. Toy Story 2

9. Toy Story 3

10. Finding Dory

11. Monsters Inc

12. A Bug's Life

13. Brave

14. Monsters University

15. The Good Dinosaur

16. Cars

17. Cars 2

I think I've seen 4 or 5 of those films. 

• Like 1

The Mummy's opening is too low for anything but great for a blockbuster legs to save it. And I just don't see that happening. An acceptable for a 50+mil opener 2.7 multiplier won't cut it. And no I don't believe that 125mil budget report.

I wonder how much it will crash overseas?

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 hour ago, The Mummified Panda said:

I took a Choral Literature class with my choir prof for funsies and he had a long discussion with us about "Empty sensationalism" being prevelant in music today.  Directors and conductors choosing contemporary pieces that make audiences go "Wow!  This is different!" and then forget about it after they leave because they're devoid of musical depth.

I couldn't help but think the same thing is true with film.  I'll leave something like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 thinking "Wow that was a fun time, cool visual sequences and set pieces!" and then have no interest in ever thinking about it again because it was a theme park ride, and there was nothing in it to challenge audiences.

Throwing a lot of color and one liners on the screen doesn't make a good movie.

I could relate very personally to a few things in GOTGv2 that really resonated and stayed with me and made me quite emotional though. Thematically it had some very interesting concept for a blockbuster aiming to please everyone. 

I guess a person's disposable entertainment is somebody else's masterpiece after all.

• Like 6

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Kids fricking love these Cars characters and movies. Why they made those even worse spin offs with Planes. 

The merchandising revenue is basically a license to print money. The movies are just multi-million, 2 hr long ads

• Like 7

1 minute ago, franfar said:

The merchandising revenue is basically a license to print money. The movies are just multi-million, 2 hr long ads

They built the land at DCA even though fans and critics alike consider it as the weakest films in the Pixar collection. Kids man... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Mummy's opening is too low for anything but great for a blockbuster legs to save it. And I just don't see that happening. An acceptable for a 50+mil opener 2.7 multiplier won't cut it. And no I don't believe that 125mil budget report.

I wonder how much it will crash overseas?

Why not, the whole movie basically took place in 3 rooms, had meh CGI, short run time, and nothing was shot on location except for 2 short scenes. Nothing points at it having a bigger budget than the 140m for ghost protocol and 150m for rogue nation.

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Wonder Woman beating Man of Steel's second weekend was always a huge long shot and it doesn't have to beat it. I wonder why people set themselves up for disappointment?

I don't think anyone in that club is going to be particularly disappointed if it misses that mark. Everyone in it knew it was a long shot and the fact that it was even in contention for a bit is probably enough for most of them.