WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

On a different topic, there's a lot of non-love for Cars on this thread, and I want to speak up for the original.  Pixar movies have tended to be blow out successes when they touch on something that's so eternal or iconic that people just feel the movie by having it there.  I actually really, really liked the original Cars  - it was truth in advertising, a movie about the greatness of cars and the driving lifestyle, both in Nascar-esque fashion and the forgotten drives people took before interstates took over.   But, it's the Route 66 parts of that movie that made it Pixar...it's not as amazing as the early Up or Wall-E scenes or the ending Toy Story 3 scenes, but you feel that movie all through the 2nd act.  You didn't care that the ending was mostly formulaic b/c the middle act was one of the best they've made.  

I like the first Cars too. Sounds like 3 is a big improvement over 2 so I'll still be checking it out. Too bad 2 burned too many people I guess 

• Like 1

Rough Night is performing like absolute shit at my theater. The only movies performing worse than it are ICAN and Megan Leavey. Even The Mummy's 3D screen is selling on par with it most of the time.

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

I like the first Cars too. Sounds like 3 is a big improvement over 2 so I'll still be checking it out. Too bad 2 burned too many people I guess 

Yeah, the 2nd one burned me...since my boys are all Despicable Me 3 and not Cars 3, I'm going to, as the folks said on the thread, "conserve my resources", for that movie and watch Cars 3 when it hits Netflix in 6-12 months (unless I buy it as a Christmas present since I tend to buy each kid a movie:)...I'm sure I'll be seeing it enough times then:)...

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Rough Night is performing like absolute shit at my theater. The only movies performing worse than it are ICAN and Megan Leavey. Even The Mummy's 3D screen is selling on par with it most of the time.

Not a great year for ScarJo... :jeb!:

4 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Okay my gf is Wonder Woman...

Got out of the movie and taking a ride to our place and the driver ends up being deaf...she immediately starts sign languaging..

Once done she turns to me and says "Yes, I know that along with 6 other languages bitch."

VcPGnFL.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, baumer said:

So, is Kate McKinnon now in the box office poison territory?  

Ghostbusters:  CHECK

MASTERMINDS:  (I realize this didn't reallyget much of a release, but...) CHECK

Rough Night:  CHECK

Office Christmas Party:  CHECK

Might have to make her an honourary member.

I hope not; she's consistently the best part of her films (altho I haven't seen Rough Night yet)

31 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Theaters seem to be peaceful this week. Forum Montijo's cinema is absolutely empty. So far they sold 5 tickets for The Assignment, 10 tickets for Hunter's Prayer, 33 tickets for Girls Night, 75 tickets for PotC5 and the pair The Mummy/WW is yet to start but so far both are looking at 100-120 tickets sold each. Absolutely awful Saturday night.

To be fair, I guess the extremely pleasant night time weathers in the country are very much encouraging people to go out and have some great fun w/their friends and all of that (not that they can't in the movies, I'm just talking like in bar terraces for drinks and whatnot). Other than that, it's just that the movies coming out this week are not at all appealing to a mass audience. The Assignment was always going to be a dud, and I have no idea what Hunter's Prayer is, soooooo.... yeah :P

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To be fair, I guess the extremely pleasant night time weathers in the country are very much encouraging people to go out and have some great fun w/their friends and all of that (not that they can't in the movies, I'm just talking like in bar terraces for drinks and whatnot). Other than that, it's just that the movies coming out this week are not at all appealing to a mass audience. The Assignment was always going to be a dud, and I have no idea what Hunter's Prayer is, soooooo.... yeah :P

New movie from the visionary director of Terminator 3.

the-hunters-prayer-movie.jpeg&h=600&q=10

• Like 4

Just now, CJohn said:

New movie from the visionary director of Terminator 3.

the-hunters-prayer-movie.jpeg&h=600&q=10

I see that Sam Worthington just needs to work with Alan Taylor to have worked with all the visionary directors of the  Terminator series

• Like 10

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Buzz from who?  It's a kids movie.

I feel like we do this every time with non Pixar animated films.

Despicable Me 2 and Minions both had a lot of cross appeal with adults.  DM3 also isn't tracking online the same as Minions.

I think the one thing that might work in DM3s favor is little competition.

8 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

Despicable Me 2 and Minions both had a lot of cross appeal with adults.  DM3 also isn't tracking online the same as Minions.

I think the one thing that might work in DM3s favor is little competition.

Literally the same argument was made for Minions.

5 minutes ago, Chaz said:

Literally the same argument was made for Minions.

I was one of the people saying Minions would go over 300m.  Also Minions was tracking on par with DM2 online from what I recall.

Im not saying 300m can't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it misses the mark ala Shrek 4.