WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Can you imagine if GotG2, WW and SM all somehow hit 400M DOM? Next year every week would have a superhero movie lmao.

We almost already do XD

Arctic Squad in January (though obviously nobody gives a shit about that), Black Panther in February, The New Mutants in April, Infinity War in May, Deadpool 2 and The Incredibles 2 in June, Ant-Man 2 in July, Venom in October, X-Men: Dark Phoenix in November, Miles Morales/Animated Spider-Man and Aquaman in December.

But yeah, if those three went to a 400M distance, I think Kevin Feige and Geoff Johns would probably throw a big ass party together and officialize an Avengers/Justice League crossover in the future :P

• Like 2

I think a handful of 2018 superhero movies will overperform like Panther, Incredibles 2, New Mutants, Aquaman, and Animated Spider-Man

Some will do as expected (Infinity War does $400M-$450M, Deadpool 2 decreases from the first) 

Phoenix and Venom will underperform

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

For a while that was also kinda like a curse, since WB struggled to get non Batman / Superman film off the ground for so-long. WW has hopefully changed that. 

Honesty blame shitty management for that. Can't believe it took them so long to get their films off the ground. Even messed up the whole slate they announced. 

• Like 4

Seems like I'm the only person at this site who not only doesn't find Kate McKinnon appealing but pretty much down right just doesn't like her at all. I didn't like her crocodile tears fake piano playing Heal the World moment on Saturday Night Live after Trump got elected I don't find her interesting in movies and I find that she's one of those actresses that Hollywood is trying to make famous but nobody seems to care about. Sorry I probably sound a bit like fishnets now LOL

• Like 11

I think saying Wonder Woman is anywhere close to a lock for 400 is way too presumptuous because films like The Dark Knight and Spider-Man had incredibly small drops late in their run. That remains to be seen for this but holy s*** what a ride it's going to be from here on out.

• Like 5

What went wrong with Wimpy Kid? Why a 5 year gap when 3rd one did well.

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Gross / Theaters Opening / Theaters Date
1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid Fox $64,003,625 3,083     $22,126,166    3,077    3/19/10
2 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules Fox $52,698,535 3,169 $23,751,502 3,167 3/25/11
3 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days Fox $49,008,662 3,401 $14,623,599 3,391 8/3/12
4 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul Fox $19,850,995    3,174 $7,126,084 3,157 5/19/17

The 4th one gonna show a drop of 45% from the 3rd one.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Seems like I'm the only person at this site who not only doesn't find Kate McKinnon appealing but pretty much down right just doesn't like her at all. I didn't like her crocodile tears fake piano playing Heal the World moment on Saturday Night Live after Trump got elected I don't find her interesting in movies and I find that she's one of those actresses that Hollywood is trying to make famous but nobody seems to care about. Sorry I probably sound a bit like fishnets now LOL

Image result for kate mckinnon emmy

• Like 5

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I think saying Wonder Woman is anywhere close to a lock for 400 is way too presumptuous because films like The Dark Knight and Spider-Man had incredibly small drops late in their run. That remains to be seen for this but holy s*** what a ride it's going to be from here on out.

Guardians 2 is in a tougher competition than we expected. I think Wondy is probably locked for 380ish and just a question of how much higher she can go from there. 

1 minute ago, CalifoBoy said:

Wonder Woman drops only 30% on it's third weekend! :D

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/06/18/box-office-wonder-woman-drops-just-30-for-41m-weekend-275m-total/#61138d414ca0

You guys agree that the movie could finish above 400.0$ domestic?!

In my mind, the loonie in me says in locked for 400M. The movie is simply doing too well to suddenly just stop like that. 

Spider-Man will slow its momentum down a little but there's really nothing else after that (including Dunkirk) to really put much of a dent into it.

As Redfirebird2008 mentioned, number of screens will be an issue but I think it will hold on to enough to get just over 400M.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not just you. I can't stand her, or Ilana Glazer, so it gives me a sense of quiet satisfaction to see Rough Night flop.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't like Kate McKinnon, cause she doesn't acting, she always grimaces.

• Like 1