WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

57 minutes ago, baumer said:

Seems like I'm the only person at this site who not only doesn't find Kate McKinnon appealing but pretty much down right just doesn't like her at all. I didn't like her crocodile tears fake piano playing Heal the World moment on Saturday Night Live after Trump got elected I don't find her interesting in movies and I find that she's one of those actresses that Hollywood is trying to make famous but nobody seems to care about. Sorry I probably sound a bit like fishnets now LOL

Not the only one. The whole cooky, weird, manic thing she does is not funny to me at all. 

Decent start for Cars3 

Excelent hold for WW!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

All things considered, I cannot believe that it took them so long to greenlight a WW film. After all, how hard could it be, especially in a Disney Princesses world, NOT to make lots of money with a pitch like "beautiful princess grows up to become a superhero and saves the world"?

WB definitely should have made a Wonder Woman movie instead of Catwoman or Green Lantern or Steel.

Cars:

Remainder of this week: 20M (73.6M Total)

Jun 23: 29.5M (10.8M weekdays, 113.9M Total)

Jun 30: 14.7M (6M weekdays, 134.6M Total)

Jul 7: 8.8M (3.2M weekdays, 146.6M Total)

Jul 14: 5M (2M weekdays, 153.6M Total)

Jul 21: 2.7M (1.2M weekdays, 157.5M Total)

Jul 28: 1.2M (500k weekdays, 159.2M Total)

Final Total: 162M (3.02x)

• Like 1

Just now, Walt Disney said:

WB definitely should have made a Wonder Woman movie instead of Catwoman or Green Lantern or Steel.

well, i must say, if WW were to release before 2010, it would not replicate such success

The female-centric film had not been a successful or remarkable in term of box office, but only after 2010, they are slowly rolled into mainstream

The Hunger Game mega success certainly turn that trend.

Unexpected Gravity and Frozen phenomenal and oscar-winning performance further cemented it, especially frozen,which exceed the even most optimistic expectation.

SW7 and rogue one also help in certain degree.

All of these success open up or pave the way for WW, plus aided from RT score 

• Like 2

Next weekend is hard as hell to predict. No Fathers Day will make drops worse than usual, but Transformers is the only wide release unless Focus expands Book of Henry (Lionsgate says Beatriz at Dinner will go wide next weekend, but I doubt it's in over 1k theaters).

Just noticed BO.com used this for their Annabelle prediction:

August’s (seeming) lack of standout blockbuster offerings could work to this film’s advantage, especially considering the lack of horror hits so far in 2017

Somebody call Shaymalan and Peele! :kitschjob:

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

Who was responsible for casting Gadot?

Give Credit to Snyder -> check. :sparta:

Well, he was responsible for it. Patty already said that when she found out she hated the choice in some interviews.

• Like 5

Just now, CJohn said:

Well, he was responsible for it. Patty already said that when she found out she hated the choice in some interviews.

Yeah. He also did well with her in a short cameo in BVS.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Next weekend is hard as hell to predict. No Fathers Day will make drops worse than usual, but Transformers is the only wide release unless Focus expands Book of Henry (Lionsgate says Beatriz at Dinner will go wide next weekend, but I doubt it's in over 1k theaters).

The House should've moved up to next weekend tbh. Ah well.

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

She didn't say "hate". She said she was mostly bummed out because back then it looked like the franchise had moved on without her and she had been hoping to do it for a long time. 

She did say that she wouldn't have considered actresses from outside America though. So yeah, it's safe to credit Snyder for picking GG.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Random Rosie O'Donnell bit: I just watched an early 90s movie called BEAUTIFUL GIRLS and she has this amazing walk-n-talk near-monologue that's the highlight of the whole movie. Completely steals the show. 

I miss Michael Rappaport.  One of my fave character actors.

• Like 1

Good drop for WW this weekend and hopefully it comes close or goes over 400M DOM. We shall see @Telemachos

Btw its a shame though that WB didn't get another DC movie out for June 2018 in the same slot as WW had this year, would've been great if The Flash had that spot but too bad its been pushed back with all the production issues.

• Like 2