WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

29 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Other than Cars 2 the only bad Pixar sequel is Toy Story 3

Still playing with the toys yourself, huh?:)

Best ending of a Pixar movie ever, so no way is this a bad sequel:)...it's like the only great Pixar one!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Shaun the Sheep and The Lego Movie are the best non Disney and Pixar animated films in the last few years IMO. 

I'll go with you on Lego Movie...but I'd say Kubo was better than everything last year for animation...

"Hip Hop Cinematic Universe" in full effect.  Biggie, N.W.A. and now Tupac.   Hopefully Run DMC and Wu Tang can get movies in the future.   Very good early numbers for "All Eyez on Me" if true.  Tupac is an Iconic Legend.  Critics getting it wrong again.   Don't underestimate the power of Hip Hop culture which is worldwide.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

People have been so patronising about Ethan's age this week.

It's because he's a little boy that loves hot takes!

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

If wanna talk about underrating going on in here, good lord how can you guys be so mean to Nemo

Because there are about 6 Pixar movies that are better than it? 

1. Inside Out

2. Finding Nemo

3. Wall-E

4. Up

5. The Incredibles

6. Toy Story

7. Ratatouille

8. Toy Story 2

9. Toy Story 3

10. Finding Dory

11. Monsters Inc

12. A Bug's Life

13. Brave

14. Monsters University

15. The Good Dinosaur

16. Cars

17. Cars 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'll go with you on Lego Movie...but I'd say Kubo was better than everything last year for animation...

I didn't see Kubo but I'm a bit mixed on Laika's films, Paranorman and Coraline were good but I wasn't keen on The Boxtrolls. Technically, their films are stunning and they push the boundaries of stop motion but I've got a soft spot for Aardman. Chicken Run and Curse of the Wererabbit are just great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ghibli are in my top 5 animation studios, their work is so diverse. 

I always go back and forth if I think Ghibli or Pixar is better.  When I'm feeling more elitist I always go Ghibli.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

If wanna talk about underrating going on in here, good lord how can you guys be so mean to Nemo

It's in my middle...I think it would have been better without the Dory memory shtick which got REALLY annoying...but it was beautifully made with a tight, emotional story...problem is, Pixar has made a lot of original, beautifully made, tight emotional stories that didn't have annoying characters...

Did you see how low I put Brave...same reason...