WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

10 hours ago, Blankments said:

fuck it

1. Zootopia

2. Finding Dory

3. Sausage Party

4. Moana

5. Storks

6. The Master: A LEGO Ninjago Short

7. Piper

8. Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

9. The Red Turtle

10. Trolls

11. The Secret Life of Pets

12. Inner Workings

13. Kung Fu Panda 3

14. The Adventures of Indiana Jones

15. Kubo and the Two Strings

16. Mower Minions

17. Sing

18. The Angry Birds Movie

19. The Wild Life

Wait, you really rank Kubo that low?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

None of these movies looked appealing and she was a secondary character at best in all of them.  None of these are fair examples.

They are all fair examples.  I've explained what box office poison means.  I'm not saying they failed because no one wanted to see them because of her, I'm just saying that there is some kind of mystical force that makes her films under perform when she is in them.  :0

38 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

5.). 47 Meters Down (ENT), 2,270 theaters / $4.2M Fri. (includes $735k) /3-day cume: $10.6M/Wk 1

Image result for dr who gif

FWIW

• Like 1

It was difficult to predict Wonder Woman's legs because all of the previous DCEU movies didn't have legs. And when I say legs I don't mean a 3.0 multiplier because that should not be expected but a 2.6 at least should have happened before Wonder Woman. The films were so messy and audience unfriendly that they didn't even have a chance to have legs.

WW is gaining a large female audience that is taking their time to watch the movie resulting in better legs
Typical superhero movies have male fanboys rushing out on the first weekend and fall hard afterwards

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Insane thing is, the sentence that you typed is not ridiculous or unreasonable. Tele club may have won spiritually.

Not just in spirit.  I'd give WW around a 40-50% chance of actually doing it now.  That's up from maybe the 5% chance I was thinking when he made it.

If it keeps up these legs, then it shouldn't have a problem, because it's beating what I thought were my "unreasonably optimistic" predicts it'd need to do it.

Edited by The Mummified Panda
  • Like 1