Asyulus

2018 Billion Dollar Movies (DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 23, 2018)

$1,000,000,000

RULES:

* You will count how many $1 billion dollar movies will be in year 2018.

* It is required to state which will be the ones that will hit the billion dollar mark.

* A PERFECT guess signifies that the he/she is a definite winner of the contest.

* The ones with the highest score, as usual, WINS.

Both of these conditions must be met in order for a person to be considered PERFECT:

* The person successfully guessed the exact number of 2018 films that hit the billion dollar mark.

* The person mentioned all of the 2018 films that hit the billion dollar mark.

(If a film/s was mentioned there but did not hit a billion worldwide, then the person is of course, incorrect)

Otherwise, IMPERFECT!

SCORING CRITERIA:

+2,500 points for every correctly predicted movie stated by the person.

-5,000 points for every incorrectly predicted movie stated by the person.

+10,000 points for being CORRECT.

Number of $1 billion movies:

Brainbug (IW, JW2)

cannastop (IW, JW2)

CaptainJackSparrow (IW, JW2)

Durden (IW, JW2)

Ethan Hunt (IW, JW2)

Hades (IW, JW2)

John Rambo (IW, JW2)

Lordmandeep (IW, JW2)

KP1025 (IW, JW2)

MattW (IW, JW2)

Noctis (IW, JW2)

peludo (IW, JW2)

slambros (IW, JW2)

AN9815 (BP, IW, JW2)

Claudio (IW, I2, JW2)

DAJK (IW, I2, JW2)

FantasticBeasts (IW, I2, JW2)

James (IW, JW2, FB2)

Kalo (IW, I2, FB2)

KeepItU25071906 (IW, I2, FB2)

Manchester by the Tree (IW, HS, JW2)

Maxmoser3 (IW, I2, JW2)

Rorschach (IW, I2, JW2)

That One Guy (IW, JW2, DS'G)

Twelve (IW, JW2, FB2)

Asyulus (BP, IW, I2, JW2)

broadwayfreak66 (IW, HS, I2, FB2)

MCKillswitch123 (BP, IW, I2, JW2)

MrFanaticGuy34 (IW, I2, JW2, FB2)

Quigley (IW, HS, I2, JW2)

the beast (BP, IW, I2, JW2)

The Mummified Panda (IW, HS, I2, JW2)

WrathOfHan (IW, HS, I2, JW2)

YourMother the Edgelord (BP, IW, I2, JW2)

Julianjunja (BP, IW, HS, I2, JW2)

7 or higher

You may change your guess anytime until the close date. The club will close in February 23, 2018. Winners will be declared after the remaining 2018 movies have finished their entire worldwide run.

Edited by Asyulus
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, peludo said:

Too early, but with current calendar I say 3 films:

Infinity War

Jurassic World 2

Mulan

I wasn't sure about Mulan myself.  It certainly could do it if it breaks out in China, but that's a big if at this point. I'm also not sure how well it will play elsewhere overseas considering Mulan isn't a universally beloved classic like Beauty and the Beast or even Jungle Book. I'm thinking $800-900 million right now.

59 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I wasn't sure about Mulan myself.  It certainly could do it if it breaks out in China, but that's a big if at this point. I'm also not sure how well it will play elsewhere overseas considering Mulan isn't a universally beloved classic like Beauty and the Beast or even Jungle Book. I'm thinking $800-900 million right now.

I think Mulan could be as big in China as Beauty and the Beast has been in USA. The obvious lack of appeal relative to Jungle Book or BatB in other OS markets can be compensated with China, where I think it can make absurd numbers. Of course, it is just a personal feeling. And I assume this prediction with the same quality level than Jungle Book or BatB. I need more information about this to confirm my theory.

1 minute ago, peludo said:

I think Mulan could be as big in China as Beauty and the Beast has been in USA. The obvious lack of appeal relative to Jungle Book or BatB in other OS markets can be compensated with China, where I think it can make absurd numbers. Of course, it is just a personal feeling. And I assume this prediction with the same quality level than Jungle Book or BatB. I need more information about this to confirm my theory.

Mulan will be big in China, but I can't see it doing much better than The Great Wall. I think it will be another Kung Fu panda 3 which did well there but more was expected. It won't  have the visuals of Jungle Book or the strong nostalgia of a BATB.

Avengers and Jurassic are almost guaranteed.

I see Mulan breaking out.

I will also surprise and dumbfound lots of people by suggesting Black Panther as a potential billion dollar film.

That's all I'm predicting for a billion right now.

Edited by slambros
  • Thanks 1

Avengers has 100% shot at 1 Billion!

JW2 id say it has good chances of grossing 1B. If this ones a stinker or avg i see this grossing less than billion!

Apart from these 2, i'd like to see MI6 in the list but it has chances oly if its DOM intake is around 300-350M it cannot solely rely on OS. It has good track record in Asia, Europe but in Latin America it is not huge at all. For instance FF series is Huge in Asia and LA, in Europe its strong which bodes well since it has its presence all over whereas MI series rely heavily on Asia.

Anyways lets hope for the best :D